Bare bones Django forum application with Reddit like features
Bare bones Django forum application with Reddit like features.
- comments are displayed in a collapsable tree structure (using django-mptt)
- voting functionality for threads & comments
- compatible with mobile screen sizes (using Bootstrap)
django-registration-redux is recommanded to go along with this app if you need out of the box user registration functionality.
Working demo: http://eatemall.pythonanywhere.com/topics
pip install django-djeddit
Add it and its dependencies to your INSTALLED_APPS:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'crispy_forms', 'mptt', 'djeddit', ... ]
djeddit_settings to context_processors:
'context_processors': [ ... 'djeddit.context_processors.djeddit_settings', ... ]
jango-djeddit’s URL patterns:
urlpatterns = [ ... url(r'^', include('djeddit.urls')), ... ]
python manage.py migrate djeddit
Create a topic:
You can use New Topic dialog in /topics page if you’re logged in as a superuser or you can create one in a python console:
from djeddit.models import Topic Topic.objects.create(title='Test Topic')
Launch the app and go to /topics page.
Tools used in rendering this package:
- First release on PyPI.
- Added tests for models, forms, views
- Urls that include topic titles with spaces in them don’t work // fixed
- Competability fixes for Django 1.9 and 1.8 and Python 2.7
- Updated documentation
- client side fixes for added compatibility with mobile screen sizes
- font-awsome fonts are not loading // fixed
- Added description field for Topic
- added description for topics in /topics page
- moved base.html to root template dir
- Admins can lock/unlock & delete threads, delete posts
- Added description to Topic creation form
- Admins can edit thread title, url, and post content
- added users page for admins
- admins can ban users or promote them to admins
- admins can edit & delete topics
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django_djeddit-0.1.8-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.3 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|django-djeddit-0.1.8.tar.gz (1.1 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|