Dynamic global and instance settings for your django project
Dynamic-preferences is a Django app, BSD-licensed, designed to help you manage your project settings. While most of the time, a settings.py file is sufficient, there are some situations where you need something more flexible such as:
- per-user settings (or, generally speaking, per instance settings)
- settings change without server restart
For per-instance settings, you could actually store them in some kind of profile model. However, it means that every time you want to add a new setting, you need to add a new column to the profile DB table. Not very efficient.
Dynamic-preferences allow you to register settings (a.k.a. preferences) in a declarative way. Preferences values are serialized before storage in database, and automatically deserialized when you need them.
With dynamic-preferences, you can update settings on the fly, through django’s admin or custom forms, without restarting your application.
The project is tested and work under Python 2.7 and 3.4, with django 1.7 and 1.8.
- Simple to setup
- Admin integration
- Forms integration
- Bundled with global and per-user preferences
- Can be extended to other models if need (e.g. per-site preferences)
- Integrates with django caching mechanisms to improve performance
The full documentation is at https://django-dynamic-preferences.readthedocs.org.
- Minor changes to README / docs
- The cookiecutter part was not fully merged
- Implemented cache to avoid database queries when possible, which should result in huge performance improvements
- Whole API cleanup, we now use dict-like objects to get preferences values, which simplifies the code a lot (Thanks to Ryan Anguiano)
- Migrated the whole app to cookiecutter-djangopackage layout
- Docs update to reflect the new API
- Improved test setup
- More precise data in setup.py classifiers
- Added Python 3.4 compatibility
- Added LongStringPreference
- Removed view that added global and user preferences to context. They are now replaced by template context processors
- Switched from GPLv3 to BSD license
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-dynamic-preferences-0.4.2.tar.gz (17.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for django-dynamic-preferences-0.4.2.tar.gz