Easy creation of link-based filtering for a list of Django model objects.
This library provides filters similar in some ways to list_filter and date_hierarchy in Django’s admin, but for use outside the admin. Importantly, it also includes result counts for the choices. It is designed to be very easy to get started with.
pip install django-easyfilters-ex
- Possible: ability to specify ‘defaults’ attribute for FilterSet
- Allow the automatic ‘page’ resetting to be customized
- Fix bug with DateTimeFilter on Django 1.6 and add support for filtering NULLs in ForeignKey filters (contributed by Eugene A Brin in PR#9)
- Add a show_counts option on filters.
- Add a defaults option on filterset so you don’t have to specify the same options for every filter.
- Fix broken import / error handling in utils.
- Fixed compat with django 1.6 and 1.7
- Fixed handling around NULL values
- Fixed inconsistencies with “display” links
- Add support for filters on forward relations (eg: fk1__fk2__finalfield)
- Python 3.3 compatibility :-) Tests are run against Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3, and Django 1.3 to 1.5
- Cleaned up internal Filter implementation/API
- Added and documented Filter.render_choice_object which can be overridden for easy customization of filters.
- Fixed various bugs with DateTimeFilter. Thanks to psyton for a bug fix.
- Correction to new FilterSet.title attribute.
- Fixed crasher in 0.3
- Added the FilterSet.title attribute, and the title_fields attribute that can be used to control it.
- Added NumericRangeFilter
- More docs, and API firmed up.
- Fixed bug with test_settings.py which caused static media not to be served with most recent Django.
Cleaned up the release tarball to remove old files.