Easy creation of link-based filtering for a list of Django model objects.
This library provides filters similar in some ways to list_filter and date_hierarchy in Django’s admin, but for use outside the admin. Importantly, it also includes result counts for the choices. It is designed to be very easy to get started with.
Just install as a Python library.
See the docs/ directory, especially docs/overview.rst
Also hosted here: http://packages.python.org/django-easyfilters And here: https://django-easyfilters.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
A small demo app is included, see the instructions in docs/develop.rst
A (currently) live example can be seen at:
The library is in a useful state and is used in production. Test coverage is extensive. Feedback regarding API or features is very welcome!
File bugs/feature request in the ‘issues’ in BitBucket:
Or drop me an email, I always like to hear when people are using my stuff.
- Possible: ability to specify ‘defaults’ attribute for FilterSet
- Allow the automatic ‘page’ resetting to be customized
- Python 3.3 compatibility :-) Tests are run against Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3, and Django 1.3 to 1.5
- Cleaned up internal Filter implementation/API
- Added and documented Filter.render_choice_object which can be overridden for easy customization of filters.
- Fixed various bugs with DateTimeFilter. Thanks to psyton for a bug fix.
- Correction to new FilterSet.title attribute.
- Fixed crasher in 0.3
- Added the FilterSet.title attribute, and the title_fields attribute that can be used to control it.
- Added NumericRangeFilter
- More docs, and API firmed up.
- Fixed bug with test_settings.py which caused static media not to be served with most recent Django.
Cleaned up the release tarball to remove old files.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django_easyfilters-0.6-py2-none-any.whl (34.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||2.7||Sep 14, 2015|
|django-easyfilters-0.6.tar.gz (40.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 14, 2015|