A simple FAQ application for Django sites.
This is a simple FAQ application for a Django powered site, featuring:
- The basic Q&A model you’d expect.
- Question are grouped into topics.
- Topics can be ordered and arranged, as can questions within topics.
- Built-in views to drill down by topic and question, and individual question detail pages (for permalinks).
- A view for users to submit new questions (with or without answers). These go into moderation queue and need to be marked “active” before they’ll show up on the site.
There’s an example app (distributed with the source) to try out if you’d like to get a taste of the app.
For more details, see the documentation
Django 1.3+, Python 2.6+.
pip install django-fack
Add "fack" to your INSTALLED_APPS setting.
Wire up the FAQ views by adding a line to your URLconf:
If you’d like to load some example data then run python manage.py loaddata faq_test_data.json
The app’s written with quite a bit of customization in mind; see the customization documentation for details.
There is a stand-alone example site distributed with the source in the example/ directory. To try it out:
- Install django-Fack (see above).
Run python manage.py syncdb
This assumes that sqlite3 is available; if not you’ll need to change the DATABASES setting first.
- Load some example data by running python manage.py loaddata faq_test_data.json
- Run python manage.py runserver and you will have the example site up and running. The home page will have links to get to the available views as well as to the admin.
The capability to submit an FAQ is available and works whether or not you are a logged in user. Note that a staff member will have to use the admin and review any submitted FAQs and clean them up and set them to active before they are viewable by the end user views.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.