Single Sign-On functionallity between Django and Freshdesk
Single Sign-On functionallity between Django and Freshdesk.
The Freshdesk documentation for Single Sign-On is located at Freshdesk documentation
How to use
Get the code
Getting the code for the latest stable release using pip:
$ pip install django-freshdesk
You can also download the source and run:
$ python setup.py install
Add the application to the project settings
Make sure that .django.contrib.auth’ is installed and then add register ‘freshdesk’ in the ‘INSTALLED_APPS’ section of your project’s settings
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'django.contrib.auth', 'freshdesk', )
Setup the settings variables
You must specify two settings variables in your settings module.
- The URL of your support page, will either a subdomain in freshdesk.com or your own domain (using a CNAME record)
FRESHDESK_URL = 'http://yourcompany.freshdesk.com/'
- The shared secret you get from Freshdesk when setting up Simple SSO
FRESHDESK_SECRET_KEY = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6'
Register the urls
Add the application urls to your urlconf
urlpatterns = [ ... url(r'^login/sso/', include('freshdesk.urls')), ]
- Python 2.7, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4
- Django >= 1.8
Bugs and requests
If you have found a bug or or you have a ny request, please use the issue tracker on GitHub.
You can use this software under BSD License.
- Unicode first
- Add support for Django
- Change data for HMAC-MD5 per Freshdesk’s change.
- Add Tox environments for Django 1.8 using Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4
- Fix Django version compatibility. Django 1.5 not supported anymore.
- Username as default if not first and last name defined
- Serveral fixes and updated doc
- Initial application
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|django_freshdesk-1.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (8.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Mar 17, 2017|
|django-freshdesk-1.0.1.tar.gz (5.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Mar 17, 2017|