Django-Directmessages is a low-level and easy-to-use Django App to manage simple directmessages.
Django-Directmessages is a low-level and easy-to-use Django App to manage simple directmessages. In contrast to other Django Apps for messaging, Django-Directmessages doesn’t use any type of pre-built templates and is concentrated on the programmatic usage.
Django-Directmessage is thought to be used with APIs or small apps, but can be used for any type of messaging. It featues:
- Sending of private 1-to-1 messages between users.
- Listing unread messages for a given user.
- Read a given message
- Get all conversation partners/contacted users for a given user
- Read a whole conversation between two users.
Django >= 1.5 is supported
- pip install django-directmessages
- add "directmessages" to INSTALLED_APPS and run python manage.py migrate.
Import the Message Management API on top of your views.py
from directmessages.apps import Inbox
- Send message: Inbox.send_message(from_user, to_user, message)
- List all unread messages: Inbox.get_unread_messages(user)
- Read a message (and mark as read): Inbox.read_message(message)
- Print a message as <user>: <message>: Inbox.read_message_formatted(message)
- Print a list of all conversation partners for a user: Inbox.get_conversations(users)
- Get a conversation between two users: Inbox.get_conversation(user1, user2, _limit_, _reversed_, _mark_read_)
- Limit (Int: optional): Instead of getting the whole conversation, get the first 50 (depends on reversed)
- Reversed (Bool: optional): Usually the ‘limit’-param gives back the first x messages, if you put Reversed to True, limit will give back the x latest messages.
- Mark_Read (Bool: optional): Mark all messages in conversation as read
You can use the following signals to extend the app for your needs
- Gets called as soon as a message is sent. Provides the Message object, the sender and the recipient as params.
- Gets called as soon as a message is read: Provides the Message object, the sender and the recipient as params.
Bug reports, patches and fixes are always welcome!
- Add some security functions (e.g checking if user is allowed to read a message)
- Add some custom exceptions (e.g. when no message was found)
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_full_directmessages-0.9.17-py2-none-any.whl (9.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size django-full-directmessages-0.9.17.tar.gz (6.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for django_full_directmessages-0.9.17-py2-none-any.whl
Hashes for django-full-directmessages-0.9.17.tar.gz