ghoster is a admin theme which includes markdown features for Django users
ghoster is a admin theme which includes markdown features for Django users.
- python >= 2.7
- django >= 1.9
- Download it from PyPi with pip install django-ghoster
- Add into the INSTALLED_APPS before django.contrib.admin:
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ... 'ghoster', 'django.contrib.admin', ... ]
- don’t forget to python manange.py collectstatic
In models.py, assume the model is defined as below:
from django.db import models class MyModel(models.Model): # the fields which are rendered into markdown char_field = models.CharField(max_length=1024) text_field = models.TextField() # other stuff foreign_field = ... file_field = ... url_field = ... ...
Then in admin.py, inherit GhosterAdmin and override markdown_field and title_field attributes with the field names.
from django.contrib import admin from ghoster.admin import GhosterAdmin from .models import MyModel class MyModelAdmin(GhosterAdmin): markdown_field = "text_field" title_field = "char_field" # other stuff list_display = ... list_filter = ... admin.site.register(MyModel, MyModelAdmin)
Then ghoster will render the model-form into 3 parts:
- title_field: this field will be placed in top-bar.
- markdown_field: markdown editor with side-by-side preview.
- meta_fieldsets: the rest of fields will be placed in right-sidebar.