A Django app to manage a private beta phase.
Django app to manage a private beta phase for a website.
- This app provides users with the change to sign up for a private beta - by providing their email address.
- The administrators of the website can manually invite people to join the beta from the Django admin panel.
- The signup view of the app is only accessible by providing the correct invitation code in the url.
- Install django-hunger using pip or easy_install.
- Add hunger to INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py.
- Add hunger.middleware.BetaMiddleware to MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES.
- Create templates beta/request_invite.html, beta/confirmation.html, and beta/used.html. The request_invite.html template receives a Context instance with a Django form for the email signup form. The confirmation.html and used.html templates are flatpages for confirming signup and used invites.
- By default Hunger redirects to “/beta/” if a users is not logged in. So your “request_invite” templates should be located here.
- String length of the invitation_code (Default: 8)
- Enable hunger middleware (Default: True)
- Never allow access to these views (Default: )
- Always let unregistered user see these view (Default: )
- Convenience settings - allow all views and a given module (Default: )
- If using flatpages app (Default: )
- Which views are used for signing up (Default: )
- The view which comes directly after a user has signed up (Default: '')
- If user is not logged in and trying to access a hidden view - where should he/she be redirected (Default: /beta/)
- What is the url for the signup page (Default: /register/)
- Directory containing email templates (Default: hunger)
- Module where the email functions are (Default: hunger.email)
- Function for sending out confirmation that user is on waiting list (Default: beta_confirm)
- Function for sending out the invitation code (Default: beta_invite)
Integration with django_templated_email
If django_templated_email - https://github.com/bradwhittington/django-templated-email is installed, you can use customized *.email templates with an example setting such as:
BETA_EMAIL_TEMPLATES_DIR = 'beta'
And create the following templates:
Hunger is partially based on: - https://github.com/pragmaticbadger/django-privatebeta
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_hunger-1.0.10-py2-none-any.whl (127.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-hunger-1.0.10.tar.gz (10.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_hunger-1.0.10-py2-none-any.whl