A Django app to manage a private beta phase.
Django app to manage a private beta phase for a website.
- This app provides users with the change to sign up for a private beta - by providing their email address.
- The administrators of the website can manually invite people to join the beta from the Django admin panel.
- The signup view of the app is only accessible by providing the correct invitation code in the url.
- Install django-hunger into your site-packages
- Add ‘hunger.middleware.BetaMiddleware’ to MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES
- String length of the invitation_code
- Enable hunger middleware
- Never allow access to these views
- Always let unregistered user see these view
- Convenience settings - allow all views and a given module
- If using flatpages app
- Which views are used for signing up
- The view which comes directly after a user has signed up
- If user is not logged in and trying to access a hidden view - where should he/she be redirected
- What is the url for the signup page
- Directory containing email templates
- Module where the email functions are
- Function for sending out confirmation that user is on waiting list
- Function for sending out the invitation code
Integration with django_templated_email
If django_templated_email - https://github.com/bradwhittington/django-templated-email is installed, you can use customized *.email templates with an example setting such as:
BETA_EMAIL_TEMPLATES_DIR = 'beta'
And create the following templates:
Hunger is partially based on: - https://github.com/pragmaticbadger/django-privatebeta
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_hunger-1.0.6-py2-none-any.whl (126.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-hunger-1.0.6.tar.gz (10.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_hunger-1.0.6-py2-none-any.whl