A validated IBAN field for Django models
Author: Ben Konrath
License: 3-clause BSD
- Support for all currently active IBAN countries / numbers.
- Validates IBAN using the official validation algorithm.
- Date conditional support for Brazilian IBANs (active 1 July, 2013) and Guatemalan IBANs (active 1 July, 2014)
- Basic validation for SWIFT-BIC.
Define a field as IBANField and/or SWIFTBICField in your models.py:
from django_iban.fields import IBANField, SWIFTBICField class Customer(Model): iban = IBANField() swift_bic = SWIFTBICField()
Ideas for new features include:
- SWIFT-BIC validation using referenced IBANField (SEPA requires both IBAN and SWIFT-BIC to be correct).
- Translation of validation error messages using Transifex.
Pull requests happily accepted.