A validated IBAN field for Django models
Author: Ben Konrath
License: 3-clause BSD
- Support for all currently active IBAN countries / numbers.
- Validates IBAN using the official validation algorithm.
- Date conditional support for Guatemalan IBANs (active 1 July, 2014)
- Basic validation for SWIFT-BIC.
Use the model fields IBANField and/or SWIFTBICField in your models:
from django.db import models from django_iban.fields import IBANField, SWIFTBICField class CustomerModel(models.Model): iban = IBANField() swift_bic = SWIFTBICField()
Use the form fields IBANFormField and/or SWIFTBICFormField in your forms:
from django import forms from django_iban.forms import IBANFormField, SWIFTBICFormField class CustomerForm(forms.Form): iban = IBANFormField() swift_bic = SWIFTBICFormField()
Coding style: PEP8 with 120 character lines.
Ideas for new features include:
- SWIFT-BIC validation using referenced IBANField (SEPA requires both IBAN and SWIFT-BIC to be correct).
- Translation of validation error messages using Transifex.
Pull requests happily accepted.