Django registration app which required inspection step before activation
- Alisue <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Supported python versions
- 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5
- Supported django versions
- 1.5 - 1.10
django-inspectional-registration is a enhanced application of django-registration. The following features are available
- Inspection steps for registration. You can accept or reject the account registration before sending activation key to the user.
- Password will be filled in after the activation step to prevent that the user forget them previously filled password in registration step (No password filling in registration step)
- Password can be generated programatically and force to activate the user. The generated password will be sent to the user by e-mail.
- Any Django models are available to use as supplemental information of registration if the models are subclasses of registration.supplements.RegistrationSupplementBase. It is commonly used for inspection.
- You can send any additional messages to the user in each steps (acceptance, rejection and activation)
- The behaviors of the application are customizable with Backend feature.
- The E-mails or HTMLs are customizable with Django template system.
- Can be migrated from django-registration simply by south
- django-mailer compatible. Emails sent from the application will use django-mailer if ‘mailer’ is in your INSTALLED_APPS
The difference with django-registration
While django-registration requires 3 steps for registration, django-inspectional-registration requires 5 steps and inspector for registration.
See django-inspectional-registration official documents for more detail
To create a message file, execute the following command (with your language)
$ python manage.py makemessages -l ja
You can compile the latest message files with the following command
$ python setup.py compile_messages
The command above is automatically called before sdist command if you call python manage.py sdist.
Because of an issue#24, django-inspectional-registration add the following three new options.
- REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URLS_ENABLE If it is False, django-inspectional-registration do not define the views of django.contrib.auth. It is required to define these view manually. (Default: True)
- REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_PREFIX It is used as a prefix string of view names of django.contrib.auth. For backward compatibility, set this value to 'auth_'. (Default: '')
- REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_SUFFIX It is used as a suffix string of view names of django.contrib.auth. For backward compatibility, set this value to ''. (Default: '')
This changes were introduced from version 0.4.0, to keep the backward compatibility, write the following in your settings module.
REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URLS_ENABLE = True REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_PREFIX = 'auth_' REGISTRATION_DJANGO_AUTH_URL_NAMES_SUFFIX = ''
Because of an issue#36, django-inspectional-registration add the following new option.
- REGISTRATION_USE_OBJECT_PERMISSION If it is True, django-inspectional-registration pass obj to request.user.has_perm in RegistrationAdmin.has_*_permission() methods. A default permission backend of Django does not support object permission thus it should be False if you don’t use extra permission backends such as django-permission.
This change was introduced from version 0.4.7. To keep backward compatibility, write the following in your settings module.
REGISTRATION_USE_OBJECT_PERMISSION = True
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-inspectional-registration-0.6.2.tar.gz (65.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-inspectional-registration-0.6.2.tar.gz