Plug and play continuous integration with django and jenkins
Plug and play continuous integration with Django and Jenkins
$ pip install django-jenkins
Or by downloading the source and running:
$ python setup.py install
For the latest git version, you need the latest pip installed first:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/pypa/pip.git $ pip install -e git+git://github.com/kmmbvnr/django-jenkins.git#egg=django-jenkins
Installation for Python 3:
$ pip install git+https://github.com/django/django.git $ pip install hg+http://hg.logilab.org/pylint $ pip install coverage $ # if required $ pip install pyflakes3k $ pip install pep8 $ # lettuce and selenium are not yet ported to python 3k
And then, upgrade the pip and install django-jenkins from git as described above.
Add 'django_jenkins' to your INSTALLED_APPS list. Configure Jenkins to run the following command:
$ ./manage.py jenkins
This will create reports/ directory with junit xml, Coverage and Pylint reports.
For more details see the generic tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/kmmbvnr/home/django-jenkins-tutorial or tutorial for running django-jenkins on ShiningPanda CI https://docs.shiningpanda.com/tutorials/multi-databases/project.html
If present, it is supposed to be a list/tuple of django apps for Jenkins to run. Tests, reports, and coverage are generated only for the apps from this list. You should specify –all option to ignore this setting.
List of Jenkins tasks executed by ./manage.py jenkins command.
JENKINS_TASKS = ( 'django_jenkins.tasks.run_pylint', 'django_jenkins.tasks.with_coverage', 'django_jenkins.tasks.django_tests', )
The name of the class to use for starting the test suite for jenkins and jtest commands. Class should be inherited from django_jenkins.runner.CITestSuiteRunner
A runner has been added for people using nose in their project. This runner is using django_nose so you will need to have that installed if you want to use this runner.:
Here is the list of tasks prebuild with django-jenkins
Runs Pylint over selected Django apps.
Task-specific settings: PYLINT_RCFILE
Produces XML coverage report for Jenkins
Task-specific settings: COVERAGE_RCFILE, COVERAGE_REPORT_HTML_OUTPUT_DIR, COVERAGE_MEASURE_BRANCH, COVERAGE_EXCLUDES, COVERAGE_WITH_MIGRATIONS, COVERAGE_EXCLUDES_FOLDERS
Discovers standard Django test suite from test.py files
Discover tests from all test*.py files in app subdirectories
Runs jshint tools over <app>/static/*/*.js files. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have the jshint installed
Runs CSS lint tools over app/static/*/*.css files. Creates CSS Lint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have the csslint installed
Task-specific settings: CSSLINT_INTERPRETER, CSSLINT_CHECKED_FILES
Runs pep8 tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins
You should have pep8 python package (>=1.3) installed to run this task.
Task-specific settings: PEP8_RCFILE
Runs Pyflakes tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have Pyflakes python package installed to run this task.
Runs flake8 tool over selected Django apps. Creates Pylint compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have flake8 python package installed to run this task.
Runs SLOCCount tool over selected Django apps. Creates sloccount plugin compatible report for Jenkins.
You should have the SLOCCount program installed to run this task.
Graphs an overview of the models of the selected Django apps. Creates models.png graphic (example).
- GRAPH_MODELS: A dictionary of settings for graph_models, most corresponding to the command-line options (with ‘graphmodels_’ removed): fail_without_error, disable_fields, group_models, all_applications, outputfile, layout, verbose_names, language, exclude_columns, exclude_models, inheritance
Discover Lettuce tests from app/feature directories.
You should have the Lettuce Python package installed to run this task.
Replacement for djcelery.tests.runners.CeleryTestSuiteRunner Change settings for run Celery tasks locally.
Discover Behave tests from app/features directories.
You should have the Behave Python package installed to run this task.
- Django 1.6 compatibility
- Flake8 support
- Pep8 file configuration support
- CSSLint no longer shipped with django-jenkins. Install it with npm install csslint -g
- Python 3 (with django 1.5) support
- JSHint no longer shipped with django-jenkins. Install it with npm install jshint -g
- unittest2 compatibility
- WARNING: Junit test data now stored in one junit.xml file
- Support for pep8 1.3
- New in-directory test discovery task
- Added –liveserver option
- Fixes in jslint and csslint tasks
- Added Celery task
- Add nodejs support for jslint and csslint tasks
- Improve js and css files selection
- Bug fixes
- Django 1.3 in requirements
- Windmill support was removed (Django 1.4 has a better implementation)
- Ignore South migrations by default
- Added SLOCCount task
- Added Lettuce testing task
- Added CSS Lint task
- Used xml output format for jslint
- Used native pep8 output format
- Do not produce file reports for jtest command by default
- Ignore Django apps without models.py file, as in Django test command
- Fix jslint_runner.js packaging
- Fix coverage file filtering
- Support pep8, Pyflakes, jslint tools
- Added jtest command
- Allow specify custom test runner
- Various fixes, thnk githubbers :)
- Pluggable ci tasks refactoring
- Alpha support for windmill tests
- Partial python 2.4 compatibility
- Renamed to django-jenkins
- Python 2.5 compatibility
- Make compatible with latest Pylint only
- Initial public release
Set up local jenkins
Set up django-jenkins:
npm install jshint npm install csslint PATH=$PATH:$WORKSPACE/node_modules/.bin tox -e $TOXENV
Ensure that everythig works
Modify the code
Ensure that everythig works again
Fix pep8/pyflakes errors and minimize pylint’s warninigs