A collection of things that we re-use in every Django project, such as custom middlewares, templates, templatetags, test mixins etc...
Author: Martin Brochhaus
License: The MIT License
Description: Django Libs
This project aims to provide commonly used building blocks for Django projects
* TestCase mixins to ease the process of testing views via ``self.client.get``
* A JSONResponseMixin
* New generic class based view DetailViewWithPostAction which is able to
handle custom post actions.
* Template filter to provide field's verbose names
* Template tag for displaying the currently selected main navigation item
* Custom test_email_backend that sends emails to your own address no matter
who the recepient is
* Functions to test callable or non-callable views
* Dummy views to test your 404 and 500 templates
* RapidPrototypingView to render any template even when it has no view hooked
up in ``urls.py``.
* AjaxRedirectMiddleware for jQuery AJAX calls that return 301 redirects
* AjaxResponseMixin for views that can return their normal template or a
partial template when it is an ajax call
* AccessMixin which allows to use views with the ``login_required`` decorator
based on a setting.
* A context processor to add your analytics tracking code to your template
* A decorator ``lockfile`` for wrapping ``handle`` methods of admin commands
so that they never run twice at the same time.
* A ``getCookie`` js function that can be used to retrieve the csrf token
for AJAX POST requests.
* A templatetag ``call`` which allows to call any method with params.
* Utilities for loading classes from a string like ``myproject.models.Foobar``.
* Form, which add field labels as placeholder attributes.
* Function to convert html code into formatted plain text.
* Amazon S3 storage + django-compressor support files.
* An AJAX View to display paginated comments for every possible object.
* Tools to improve django-hvad
To get the latest stable release from PyPi::
$ pip install django-libs
To get the latest commit from GitHub::
$ pip install -e git://github.com/bitmazk/django-libs.git#egg=django_libs
See the docs folder for descriptions of the different tools this project
Or read the docs here: http://django-libs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
If you want to contribute to this project, please perform the following steps::
# Fork this repository
# Clone your fork
$ mkvirtualenv -p python2.7 django-libs
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
$ git co -b feature_branch master
# Implement your feature and tests
$ git add . && git commit
$ git push -u origin feature_branch
# Send us a pull request for your feature branch
Platform: OS Independent
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-libs-2.0.2.tar.gz (127.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|