This project aims to provide commonly used building blocks for Django projects
- TestCase mixins to ease the process of testing views via self.client.get
- A JSONResponseMixin
- New generic class based view DetailViewWithPostAction which is able to
handle custom post actions.
- Template filter to provide field’s verbose names
- Template tag for displaying the currently selected main navigation item
- Custom test_email_backend that sends emails to your own address no matter
who the recepient is
- Functions to test callable or non-callable views
- Dummy views to test your 404 and 500 templates
- RapidPrototypingView to render any template even when it has no view hooked
up in urls.py.
- AjaxRedirectMiddleware for jQuery AJAX calls that return 301 redirects
- AjaxResponseMixin for views that can return their normal template or a
partial template when it is an ajax call
- AccessMixin which allows to use views with the login_required decorator
based on a setting.
- A context processor to add your analytics tracking code to your template
- A decorator lockfile for wrapping handle methods of admin commands
so that they never run twice at the same time.
- A getCookie js function that can be used to retrieve the csrf token
for AJAX POST requests.
- A templatetag call which allows to call any method with params.
- Utilities for loading classes from a string like myproject.models.Foobar.
- Form, which add field labels as placeholder attributes.
- Function to convert html code into formatted plain text.
- Amazon S3 storage + django-compressor support files.
- An AJAX View to display paginated comments for every possible object.
- Tools to improve django-hvad
To get the latest stable release from PyPi:
$ pip install django-libs
To get the latest commit from GitHub:
$ pip install -e git://github.com/bitmazk/django-libs.git#egg=django_libs
If you want to contribute to this project, please perform the following steps:
# Fork this repository
# Clone your fork
$ mkvirtualenv -p python2.7 django-libs
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
$ git co -b feature_branch master
# Implement your feature and tests
$ git add . && git commit
$ git push -u origin feature_branch
# Send us a pull request for your feature branch
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.