Convenient soft-deletion support for Django models
A Django field that enables convenient soft-deletion. For Python 2.7/3.3+ and Django 1.8+
Simple: pip install django-livefield.
>>> from django.db import models >>> from livefield import LiveField, LiveManager >>> >>> >>> class Person(models.Model): ... name = models.CharField() ... live = LiveField() ... ... objects = LiveManager() ... all_objects = LiveManager(include_soft_deleted=True) ... ... class Meta: ... unique_together = ('name', 'live') ... ... def delete(self, using=None): ... self.live = False ... self.save(using=using) ... >>> john = Person.objects.create(name='John Cleese') >>> doppelganger = Person(name='John Cleese') >>> doppelganger.save() # Raises an IntegrityError >>> john.delete() >>> doppelganger.save() # Succeeds!
MIT. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Pull requests welcome! To save everyone some hassle, please open an issue first so we can discuss your proposed change.
In your PR, be sure to add your name to AUTHORS.txt and include some tests for your spiffy new functionality. Travis CI will green-light your build once it passes the unit tests (./setup.py test) and our linters (./lint.sh).
- Django 3.x support
- switch to BooleanField as base (Django 4.x deprecation)
- Fix rST formatting in this file to pass PyPI rendering check
3.2.0 (Not released)
- Support Django 2.2
- Support Python 3.7
- Fix metadata to remove deprecated Django versions
- Expand travis tests for versions and database engines
- Remove obsolete pylint suppressions
- Thanks to [@shurph](https://github.com/shurph) for the above!
- Add support for Python 3.6
- Add support for Django 2.0
- Remove support for Python 3.4
- Remove support for old Django versions
- Remove GIS
2.5.0 (Not released)
- Added official Python 3 support.
- Re-added support for Django 1.8. Now supports Django 1.8 and 1.9.
- Drop support for Django 1.8
- Add number of affected rows for delete methods (hard_delete, soft_delete, delete). Note: Django 1.9+ only.
- Add support for Django 1.7.
- Renamed top-level namespace to livefield.
- Restructured internally to match Django convention.
- Added GIS support.
- Added South support.
- Initial release.
- Separated existing code from main application repository.
Developed and maintained by Hearsay Social, Inc..
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_livefield-3.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (6.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-livefield-3.3.0.tar.gz (6.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_livefield-3.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl