Django model mixins and utilities
Django model mixins and utilities.
django-model-utils supports Django 1.4.10 and later on Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4.
Documentation for django-model-utils is available at https://django-model-utils.readthedocs.org/
This app is available on PyPI.
(Until January 2013 django-model-utils primary development was hosted at BitBucket; the issue tracker there will remain open until all issues and pull requests tracked in it are closed, but all new issues should be filed at GitHub.)
- Fix dependency to be on “Django” rather than “django”, which plays better with static PyPI mirrors. Thanks Travis Swicegood.
- Fix issue with attempt to access __slots__ when copying PassThroughManager. Thanks Patryk Zawadzki. Merge of GH-105.
- Improve InheritanceManager so any attributes added by using extra(select) will be propagated onto children. Thanks Curtis Maloney. Merge of GH-101, fixes GH-34.
- Added InheritanceManagerMixin, InheritanceQuerySetMixin, PassThroughManagerMixin, and QueryManagerMixin to allow composing their functionality with other custom manager/queryset subclasses (e.g. those in GeoDjango). Thanks Douglas Meehan!
- BACKWARDS-INCOMPATIBLE: Indexing into a Choices instance now translates database representations to human-readable choice names, rather than simply indexing into an array of choice tuples. (Indexing into Choices was previously not documented.) If you have code that is relying on indexing or slicing Choices, the simplest workaround is to change e.g. STATUS[1:] to list(STATUS)[1:].
- Fixed bug with checking for field name conflicts for added query managers on StatusModel.
- Can pass choices_name to StatusField to use a different name for choices class attribute. STATUS is used by default.
- Can pass model subclasses, rather than strings, into select_subclasses(). Thanks Keryn Knight. Merge of GH-79.
- Deepcopying a Choices instance no longer fails with infinite recursion in getattr. Thanks Leden. Merge of GH-75.
- get_subclass() method is now available on both managers and querysets. Thanks Travis Swicegood. Merge of GH-82.
- Fix bug in InheritanceManager with grandchild classes on Django 1.6+; select_subclasses(‘child’, ‘child__grandchild’) would only ever get to the child class. Thanks Keryn Knight for report and proposed fix.
- MonitorField now accepts a ‘when’ parameter. It will update only when the field changes to one of the values specified.
- Choices now accepts option-groupings. Fixes GH-14.
- Choices can now be added to other Choices or to any iterable, and can be compared for equality with itself. Thanks Tony Aldridge. (Merge of GH-76.)
- Choices now __contains__ its Python identifier values. Thanks Keryn Knight. (Merge of GH-69).
- Fixed a bug causing KeyError when saving with the parameter update_fields in which there are untracked fields. Thanks Mikhail Silonov. (Merge of GH-70, fixes GH-71).
- Fixed FieldTracker usage on inherited models. Fixes GH-57.
- Added mutable field support to FieldTracker (Merge of GH-73, fixes GH-74)
- Introduced FieldTracker as replacement for ModelTracker, which is now deprecated.
- PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class() no longer ignores superclass get_query_set. Thanks Andy Freeland.
- Fixed InheritanceManager bug with grandchildren in Django 1.6. Thanks CrazyCasta.
- Fixed lack of get_FOO_display method for StatusField. Fixes GH-41.
- Added explicit default to BooleanField in tests, for Django trunk compatibility.
- Fixed intermittent StatusField bug. Fixes GH-29.
- Added Python 3 support.
- Dropped support for Django 1.2 and 1.3. Django 1.4.2+ required.
- Allow specifying default value for a StatusField. Thanks Felipe Prenholato.
- Fix calling create() on a RelatedManager that subclasses a dynamic PassThroughManager. Thanks SeiryuZ for the report. Fixes GH-24.
- Add workaround for https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16855 in InheritanceQuerySet to avoid overriding prior calls to select_related(). Thanks ivirabyan.
- Added support for arbitrary levels of model inheritance in InheritanceManager. Thanks ivirabyan. (This feature only works in Django 1.6+ due to https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16572).
- Added ModelTracker for tracking field changes between model saves. Thanks Trey Hunner.
- Moved primary development from Bitbucket to GitHub. Bitbucket mirror will continue to receive updates; Bitbucket issue tracker will be closed once all issues tracked in it are resolved.
- Removed deprecated ChoiceEnum, InheritanceCastModel, InheritanceCastManager, and manager_from.
- Fixed pickling of PassThroughManager. Thanks Rinat Shigapov.
- Set use_for_related_fields = True on QueryManager.
- Added __len__ method to Choices. Thanks Ryan Kaskel and James Oakley.
- Fixed InheritanceQuerySet on Django 1.5. Thanks Javier García Sogo.
- Updated AutoCreatedField, AutoLastModifiedField, MonitorField, and TimeFramedModel to use django.utils.timezone.now on Django 1.4. Thanks Donald Stufft.
- Fixed annotation of InheritanceQuerysets. Thanks Jeff Elmore and Facundo Gaich.
- Dropped support for Python 2.5 and Django 1.1. Both are no longer supported even for security fixes, and should not be used.
- Added PassThroughManager.for_queryset_class(), which fixes use of PassThroughManager with related fields. Thanks Ryan Kaskel for report and fix.
- Added InheritanceManager.get_subclass(). Thanks smacker.
- Fixed using SplitField on an abstract base model.
- Fixed issue #8, adding use_for_related_fields = True to InheritanceManager.
- Added PassThroughManager. Thanks Paul McLanahan.
- Added pending-deprecation warnings for InheritanceCastModel, manager_from, and Django 1.1 support. Removed documentation for the deprecated utilities. Bumped ChoiceEnum from pending-deprecation to deprecation.
- Fixed issue #6, bug with InheritanceManager and descriptor fields (e.g. FileField). Thanks zyegfryed for the fix and sayane for tests.
- updated SplitField to define get_prep_value rather than get_db_prep_value. This avoids deprecation warnings on Django trunk/1.3, but makes SplitField incompatible with Django versions prior to 1.2.
- added InheritanceManager, a better approach to selecting subclass instances for Django 1.2+. Thanks Jeff Elmore.
- added InheritanceCastManager and InheritanceCastQuerySet, to allow bulk casting of a queryset to child types. Thanks Gregor Müllegger.
- added manager_from (thanks George Sakkis)
- added StatusField, MonitorField, TimeFramedModel, and StatusModel (thanks Jannis Leidel)
- deprecated ChoiceEnum and replaced with Choices
- added SplitField
- added ChoiceEnum
- added South support for custom model fields
- Added QueryManager
- Switch to proper test skips once Django 1.3 is minimum supported.