Stores a model as a dictionary
ModelDict is a very efficient way to store things like settings in your database. The entire model is transformed into a dictionary (lazily) as well as stored in your cache. It’s invalidated only when it needs to be (both in process and based on CACHE_BACKEND).
It was originally created by Disqus, but due to the inactivity we at YPlan have taken over maintenance on this fork.
Tested with all combinations of:
- Python: 2.7, 3.5
- Django: 1.8, 1.9, 1.10
Install it with pip:
pip install django-modeldict-yplan
Make sure you pip uninstall django-modeldict first if you’re upgrading from the original to this fork - the packages clash.
# You'll need a model with fields to use as key and value in the dict class Setting(models.Model): key = models.CharField(max_length=32) value = models.CharField(max_length=200) # Create the ModelDict... settings = ModelDict(Setting, key='key', value='value', instances=False) # And you can treat it like a normal dict: # Missing values = KeyError settings['foo'] >>> KeyError # Sets supported settings['foo'] = 'hello' # Fetch the current value using normal dictionary access settings['foo'] >>> 'hello' # ...or by normal model queries Setting.objects.get(key='foo').value >>> 'hello'
- New release notes here
- Fixed a race condition in threaded code. See https://github.com/YPlan/django-modeldict/pull/40 for a detailed explanation. Thanks @Jaidan.
- Stop rounding time.time() down to the nearest integer, so we are more fine grained around expiration. It might also fix a subtle timing bug around re-fetching the remote cache unnecessarily.
- Fixed update missing when _local_last_updated could be set even when it wasn’t updated
- Fixed update missing from integer rounding in time comparison
- Fixed CachedDict.__repr__ so it works for other subclasses of CachedDict than ModelDict (don’t assume self.model exists)
- Fixed local cache never expiring if value was checked too often.
- Use Django’s cache.set_many for more efficient storage.
- Forked by YPlan
- Fixed concurrency TOCTTOU bug for threaded Django servers.
- Stopped including the ‘tests’ directory in package
- Django 1.8 and 1.9 supported.
- Python 3 support added.
- Fixed setdefault() to return the value that was set/found, as per normal dict semantics. Thanks @olevinsky.
- Last release by Disqus
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|django_modeldict_yplan-1.5.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (13.5 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Oct 28, 2016|
|django-modeldict-yplan-1.5.4.tar.gz (14.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 28, 2016|