:Info: An introspective interface for Django and MongoDB.
:Maintainer: Daniel Greenfeld (http://pydanny.com)
.. image:: https://travis-ci.org/pydanny/django-mongonaut.png
:alt: Build Status
django-mongonaut is an introspective interface for working with MongoDB via mongoengine. Rather then attempt to staple this functionality into Django's Admin interface, django-mongonaut takes the approach of rolling a new framework from scratch.
By writing it from scratch I get to avoid trying to staple ORM functionality on top of MongoDB, a NoSQL key/value binary-tree store.
- Automatic introspection of mongoengine documents.
- Ability to constrain who sees what and can do what.
- Full control to add, edit, and delete documents
- More awesome stuff! See http://django-mongonaut.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html#features
Made as easy as possible, setup is actually easier than `django.contrib.admin`. Furthermore, the only dependencies are mongoengine and pymongo. Eventually django-mongonaut will be able to support installations without mongoengine.
Download the right version per http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Get mongoengine (and pymongo):
pip install mongoengine=>0.5.2
Get the code::
pip install django-mongonaut==0.2.20
Install the dependency in your settings.py::
INSTALLED_APPS = (
You will need the following also set up:
.. note:: No need for `autodiscovery()` with django-mongonaut!
Add the mongonaut urls.py file to your urlconf file:
.. sourcecode:: python
urlpatterns = patterns('',
django-mongonaut will let you duplicate much of what `django.contrib.admin` gives you, but in a way more suited for MongoDB. Still being implemented, but already works better than any other MongoDB solution for Django. A simple example::
# Import the MongoAdmin base class
from mongonaut.sites import MongoAdmin
# Import your custom models
from blog.models import Post
# Instantiate the MongoAdmin class
# Then attach the mongoadmin to your model
Post.mongoadmin = MongoAdmin()
All the documentation for this project is hosted at http://django-mongonaut.rtfd.org.
- mongoengine >=0.5.2
- pymongo (comes with mongoengine)
- sphinx (optional - for documentation generation)
Support this project!
You can hire the lead maintainer to perform dedicated work on this package. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 0.2.21 (05/19/2014)
* Backwards compatible templates so things work in Django 1.4 again. (@ashishsingh2205)
* 0.2.20 (26/03/2014)
* Python 3.3 compatibility (@haard)
* Working test harness (@j1z0)
* Fixed missing url function call in documentation (@JAORMX)
* 0.2.19 (18/07/2013)
* Use Select widget if choices defined for a field (@jeff-ogmento )
* Use ordering if defined in MongoAdmin class (@jeff-ogmento )
* Respect order of list_fields in admin class (@jeff-ogmento )
* Fixed "django.conf.urls.defaults is deprecated" (@swaroopch)
* Fix search (@swaroopch)
* Make index page also password-protected (@swaroopch)
* 0.2.18 Various things
* 0.2.17 Can now add, and modify ListFields and Embedded document fields @garrypolley
* 0.2.16 ListFields can be added and updated @garrypolley
* 0.2.15 Editing or Adding a document does not require all fields to be filled out @garrypolley
* 0.2.14 Fixed pymongo version thanks to @marsam and pagination fixes thanks to @jerzyk
* 0.2.13 Fields validation and type conversion thanks to @jerzyk
* 0.2.12 Bump to mongoengine 0.6.2, PEP-8, and fixing the is_authenticated problem in default permission controls.
* 0.2.11 Change style over to Twitter Bootstrap 2.0.0, Add templates to manifest
* 0.2.10 Proper Reference field saves, more permission fixes
* 0.2.9 Permissions correction - Do remember this is in ALPHA!!!
* 0.2.8 Test components, permission controls in the views, first pass on deletes, Reference field display and some really bad SELECT widget implementations on it.
* authenticated Permissions refactor, list_fields implementation, and ability to add new documents
* 0.2.6 Major performance enhancement of the DocumentListView
* 0.2.5 Added EmbeddedDocument to form views
* 0.2.4 Installation fix
* 0.2.3 Installation fix
* 0.2.2 Supporting of Boolean and Datetime fields and search to boot
* 0.2.1 Project description fix
* 0.2.0 basic form saves, pagination, and formatting
* 0.1.0 Inception and fundamentals
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.