Extensions to Django for use with MySQL/MariaDB
MySQL and its fork MariaDB have a number of features which are not available in vanilla Django - this package helps you get at them.
Here’s a short list of what’s inside:
- User locks - easy locking between your distributed servers
- Easy access to server status variables
- approx_count on QuerySet for quick estimates of the number of objects - and a quicker admin
- ‘Smart’ iteration methods on QuerySet for efficient iteration over large sets of objects slice-by-slice
All are documented at http://django-mysql.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ .
- Python: 2.7, 3.3, 3.4
- Django: 1.7
- MySQL: 5.5, 5.6 / MariaDB: 5.5, 10.0, 10.1
- mysqlclient: 1.3.5 (Python 3 compatible version of MySQL-python)
Any combination of these should be good.
- Added get_many to GlobalStatus
- Added wait_until_load_low to GlobalStatus which allows you to wait for any high load on your database server to dissipate.
- Added smart iteration classes and methods for QuerySets that allow efficient iteration over very large sets of objects slice-by-slice.
- Added Model and QuerySet subclasses which add the approx_count method
- First release on PyPI
- GlobalStatus and SessionStatus
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_mysql-0.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (11.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-mysql-0.1.2.tar.gz (30.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_mysql-0.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl