Extensions to Django for use with MySQL/MariaDB
The dolphin-pony - proof that cute + cute = double cute.
Django-MySQL is a non-inventively named package that helps you use some MySQL/MariaDB-specific features in the world of Django.
What kind of features?
Here’s a short list of what’s inside:
- QuerySet extensions - ‘smart’ iteration, approx_count for quick estimates of count(), quick pt-visual-explain of the underlying query
- Status variable inspection and utility methods
- User locks - use MySQL as a locking server between your servers
To see them all, check out the exposition at http://django-mysql.readthedocs.org/en/latest/exposition.html .
- Python: 2.7, 3.3, 3.4
- Django: 1.7
- MySQL: 5.5, 5.6 / MariaDB: 5.5, 10.0, 10.1
- mysqlclient: 1.3.5 (Python 3 compatible version of MySQL-python)
Any combination of these should be good, and also MySQL-python should work since it’s just an older version of mysqlclient.
- Added pt_visual_explain integration on QuerySet
- Added soundex-based field lookups for the ORM
- Added get_many to GlobalStatus
- Added wait_until_load_low to GlobalStatus which allows you to wait for any high load on your database server to dissipate.
- Added smart iteration classes and methods for QuerySets that allow efficient iteration over very large sets of objects slice-by-slice.
- Added Model and QuerySet subclasses which add the approx_count method
- First release on PyPI
- GlobalStatus and SessionStatus
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_mysql-0.1.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (17.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-mysql-0.1.4.tar.gz (36.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_mysql-0.1.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl