A django one-time file streaming application
A Django file streaming application to provide download links that only valid for one time click. Ispired by django-dynamic-link.
- Tested with Django 2.2
- Tested with Django 3.1
- One-time only download link
- This app only
Installation with pip (recommended)
Pip will download and install the package and take care of all the dependences. If you havn’t pip on your system then install setuptools first after that run “easy_install pip”. After that you can use pip in your terminal window.
Use the stable release (recommended):pip install django-onetimelink
With pip you can also uninstall:pip uninstall django-onetimelink
test your installation
Go to console and type:python
… then type:>>> import onetimelink >>> onetimelink.CKINST() >>> help(onetimelink) >>> exit()
Add “onetimelink” to you installed apps in the settings file.
Make sure that:
- Your Admin is enabled (‘django.contrib.admin’, is in your INSTALLED_APPS).
- ‘django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth’, (also for admin) is in TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS.
- ‘django.core.context_processors.request’, is in TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS.
Add the following to your urls.py:
- from django.conf.urls import include, url
- from onetimelink import presettings
- url(r’%s/’ % presettings.DYNAMIC_LINK_URL_BASE_COMPONENT, include(‘onetimelink.urls’)),
Finally run:python manage.py makemigrations python manage.py migrate python manage.py runserver
Make it custom
Use the global settings.py in your projects root to overwrite the applications presettings with the following variables.
- Default: settings.MEDIA_ROOT
- A path to a directory. From this point you can walk down the subdirectories to choose your files to serve.
- Default: ‘OneTimeLink’
- A string that modifies your url serve path.
- Example: www.example.com/DYNAMIC_LINK_URL_BASE_COMPONENT/link/3839hd8HKl3/example.zip.
- Default: ‘’
- Uploaded files base directory.
- Default: ‘http’
- HTTP Schema Protocal.
Open the admin interface and go to “OneTimeLink” section. The rest should be self-explanatory.
- Upload Files to upload the file to DYNAMIC_LINK_MEDIA
- The filename from the in Upload Files is only for human readability. You can delete or change these filenames in any way you want.
- Through the action button you can serve a site with all the files from Upload Files.
- Add setting for schema protocal
- Prefix links with FORCE_SCRIPT_NAME
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django_onetimelink-1.1-py3-none-any.whl (99.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size django-onetimelink-1.1.tar.gz (97.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django_onetimelink-1.1-py3-none-any.whl