A domain-driven e-commerce framework for Django
Domain-driven e-commerce for Django
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django designed for building domain-driven sites. It is structured such that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. This allows a wide range of e-commerce requirements to be handled, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites rich in domain-specific business logic.
- Official homepage
- Sandbox site (an hourly build of the unstable master branch - it’s experimental but feel free to explore and get a feel for the base Oscar install. Polished demo site coming soon)
- Documentation on the excellent readthedocs.org
- Google Group - the mailing list is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuous integration homepage on travis-ci.org
- Twitter account for news and updates
- Twitter account of all commits
- crate.io page
- PyPI page
- Transifex project - translating Oscar made easy
Continuous integration status:
These are a few screenshots from the ‘sandbox’ example site that ships with Oscar. It sports a simple design built with Twitter’s Bootstrap. It provides a good starting point for quickly building elegant e-commerce sites.
The sandbox site is also available to browse at http://latest.oscarcommerce.com
You can have this sample shop running on your machine in 5 commands.
Want to make changes? Check out the contributing guidelines.
The following extensions are stable and ready for use:
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro.
- django-oscar-paymentexpress - Integration with the Payment Express payment gateway
- django-oscar-accounts - Managed accounts (can be used for giftcard functionality and loyalty schemes)
- django-oscar-stores - Physical stores integration (opening hours, store locator etc)
- django-oscar-testsupport - Testing utilities for Oscar extensions.
The following extensions are in development:
- django-oscar-gocardless - Integration with the GoCardless payment gateway
- django-oscar-jirafe - Integration with the Jirafe analytics package
- django-oscar-parachute - Import scripts for migrating away from non-Oscar platforms.
- django-oscar-approval - Approval workflow for authorising new orders/products.
Let us know if you’re writing a new one!
Oscar is released under the permissive New BSD license.
Oscar is still in active development, but is used in production by a range of companies, from large multinationals to small, boutique stores:
- Tata Group - http://www.landmarkonthenet.com
- Carlsberg - Their global “We Deliver More” platform is powered by Oscar (but is a B2B site and not browsable by the public)
- Chocolate Box - https://www.thechocolatebox.com.au
- The UK Labour party - http://shop.labour.org.uk
- Meridian Audio - http://www.meridian-audio.co.uk
- Dolbeau - http://www.dolbeau.ca/
- Sobusa - http://www.sobusa.fr/
- Laivee - http://laivee.pl
- Colinss - http://colinss.com
Many more on the way. If you use Oscar in production, please let us know.
Would you like to work on Oscar?
Tangent Labs are currently looking for python hackers to work on Oscar as well as some of other internal products and e-commerce projects. If this sounds interesting, please get in touch with @codeinthehole through Github or Twitter. The position is in Tangent’s London offices.