A domain-driven e-commerce framework for Django
Domain-driven e-commerce for Django
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django designed for building domain-driven sites. It is structured such that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. This allows a wide range of e-commerce requirements to be handled, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites rich in domain-specific business logic.
- Official homepage
- Sandbox site (an hourly build of the unstable master branch - it’s experimental but feel free to explore and get a feel for the base Oscar install.)
- Documentation on the excellent readthedocs.org
- django-oscar group - mailing list for questions and announcements
- django-oscar-jobs group - mailing list for job offers
- Continuous integration homepage on travis-ci.org
- Twitter account for news and updates
- #django-oscar on Freenode (community-run IRC channel) with public logs
- PyPI page
- Transifex project - translating Oscar made easy
Continuous integration status:
- David Winterbottom (Twitter @codeinthehole)
- Maik Hoepfel (Twitter @maikhoepfel)
- Markus Bertheau
- Michael van Tellingen
These are screenshots from the ‘sandbox’ example site that ships with Oscar. It sports a simple design built with Twitter’s Bootstrap and provides a good starting point for rapidly building elegant e-commerce sites.
The following extensions are stable and ready for use:
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro.
- django-oscar-paymentexpress - Integration with the Payment Express payment gateway
- django-oscar-accounts - Managed accounts (can be used for giftcard functionality and loyalty schemes)
- django-oscar-stores - Physical stores integration (opening hours, store locator etc)
- django-oscar-eway - Integration with the eWay payment gateway.
- django-oscar-sagepay-direct - Integration with “DIRECT” part of Sagepay’s API
The following are community-written extensions:
- django-oscar-payments - Pluggable payments for Oscar
- django-oscar-recurly - Integration with the Recurly payment gateway
- django-oscar-adyen - Integration with the Adyen payment gateway
- django-oscar-przelewy24 - Integration with the Przelewy24 payment gateway
- oscar-sagepay - Payment integration with Sage Pay
Let us know if you’re writing a new one!
Oscar is still in active development but is used in production by a range of companies, from large multinationals to small, boutique stores:
Selected Tangent projects:
- Tata Group - http://www.landmarkonthenet.com
- Carlsberg - Their global “We Deliver More” platform is powered by Oscar (but is a B2B site and not browsable by the public)
- Chocolate Box - https://www.chocolatebox.com.au
- The UK Labour party - http://shop.labour.org.uk
- Meridian Audio - http://www.meridian-audio.co.uk
- Which Rightchoice - http://www.whichrightchoice.com
- Freetix - http://www.freetix.com.au/
- Nails inc US - http://www.nailsinc.com/us/
- Dolbeau - http://www.dolbeau.ca
- Audio App - https://audioapp.pl
- Anything Gift - http://www.anythinggift.co.uk
- Partecipa Cards - http://www.partecipacards.com
- Chiyome - https://chiyome.com
- Bike Parts Market - https://www.bikepartsmarket.com
Many more on the way. If you use Oscar in production, please let us know.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|django_oscar-1.2.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (5.6 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Mar 23, 2016|
|django-oscar-1.2.1.tar.gz (23.7 MB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Mar 23, 2016|