Pipeline is an asset packaging library for Django.
To install it, simply:
pip install django-pipeline
For documentation, usage, and examples, see : http://django-pipeline.readthedocs.org
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug. There is a contribute! tag for issues that should be ideal for people who are not very familiar with the codebase yet.
- Fork the repository on Github to start making your changes on a topic branch.
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.
Otherwise, if you simply wants to suggest a feature or report a bug, create an issue : https://github.com/cyberdelia/django-pipeline/issues
- Fix unicode bug in compressor. Thanks to Victor Shnayder.
- Fix outdated detection bug. Thanks to Victor Shnayder and Erwan Ameil.
- Add slimit compressor. Thanks to Brant Young.
- Fix IO error when creating new compiled file. Thanks to Melvin Laplanche.
- Add a small contribution guide
- Add mimetype settings for sass and scss
- Change compiler interface to let compiler determine if file is outdated
- Use /usr/bin/env by default to find compiler executable. Thanks to Michael Weibel.
- Allow to change embed settings : max size and directory. Thanks to Pierre Drescher.
- Some documentation improvements. Thanks to Florent Messa.
- Don’t compile non-outdated files.
- Add non-packing storage.
- Fix bugs in our glob implementation.
- Many documentation improvements. Thanks to Alexis Svinartchouk.
- Improve python packaging.
- Don’t write silently to STATIC_ROOT when we shouldn’t.
- Accept new .sass extension in SASSCompiler. Thanks to Jonas Geiregat for the report.
- New lines in templates are now escaper rather than deleted. Thanks to Trey Smith for the report and the patch.
- Improve how we find where to write compiled file. Thanks to sirex for the patch.
- Fix import error for cssmin and jsmin compressors. Thanks to Berker Peksag for the report.
- Fix error with default template function. Thanks to David Charbonnier for the patch and report.
- Fix encoding problem.
- Improve storage documentation
- Add mention of the IRC channel #django-pipeline in documentation
- License clarification. Thanks to Dmitry Nezhevenko for the report.
- Various improvements to documentation.
- Slightly improve how we find where to write compiled file.
- Simplify module hierarchy.
- Fixing a bug in FinderStorage when using prefix in staticfiles. Thanks to Christian Hammond for the report and testing.
- Make PIPELINE_ROOT defaults more sane. Thanks to Konstantinos Pachnis for the report.
- Dropped synccompress command in favor of staticfiles collecstatic command.
- Added file versionning via staticfiles CachedStaticFilesStorage.
- Added a default js template language.
- Dropped PIPELINE_AUTO settings in favor of simple PIPELINE.
- Renamed absolute_asset_paths to absolute_paths for brevity.
- Made packages lazy to avoid doing unnecessary I/O.
- Dropped external_urls support for now.
- Add cssmin compressor. Thanks to Steven Cummings.
- Jsmin is no more bundle with pipeline.