Pipeline is an asset packaging library for Django.
To install it, simply:
pip install django-pipeline
For documentation, usage, and examples, see : http://django-pipeline.readthedocs.org
- Fix regression in Compiler. Thanks to David Hughes.
- Improve compiler API. Thanks to Remy Sanchez.
- Improve documentation on cache busting via staticfiles. Thanks to Rami Chowdhury.
- Fix url() bug for url with querystring and hash in them. Thanks to Miroslav Shubernetskiy.
- Add third party compilers in documentation. Thanks to Jared Scott.
- Fix extension compatibility with both jinja2 and coffin. Thanks to Mark Sandstrom.
- Add Livescript compiler. Thanks to Arnar Yngvason.
- Don’t require Django in setup.py. Thanks to Jannis Leidel.
- A lot of documentation improvements. Thanks to Jared Scott and Christopher Dilorenzo.
- Make our threaded code compatible with python 3.
- Run compilers in threads, should improve performance in DEBUG mode.
- Fix false errors on subprocess. Thanks to Fabian Büchler.
- Don’t run MinifyHTMLMiddleware when DEBUG is True. Thanks to Venelin Stoykov.
- Fix subprocess calls.
- Jinja2 support is back.
- Many small improvements in documentation.
- Improve exceptions hierarchy.
- Improve our sub-process calls.
- Update uglify-js documentation. Thanks to Andrey Antukh.
- Add support Python 3, with some help from Alan Lu.
- Add support for Django 1.5.
- Remove support for Django < 1.4.
- Drop support for Python < 2.6.
- Drop support for staticfiles app, in favor of django.contrib.staticfiles.
- Drop PIPELINE settings, in favor of DEBUG to avoid confusion.
- Drop support for jinja2 temporarily.
- Fix yui/yuglify settings overriding each other. Thanks to Fábio Santos.
- Separate yuglify compressor from YUI compressor.
- Improve HTML compression middleware.
- Better compressor error messages. Thanks to Steven Cummings.
- Improve installation documentation. Thanks to Steven Cummings.
- Fix packaging metadata. Thanks to Rui Coelho for noticing it.
- Add documentation about non-packing storage.
- Run stylus even if file is considered outdated.
- Ensure yui-compressor can still use YUICompressor.
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE : Replace python cssmin compressor to run the command (works for python or node implementation)
- BACKWARD INCOMPATIBLE : Replace yui-compressor by yuglify, check your configuration.
- Use finders in manifest. Thanks to Sjoerd Arendsen.
- Fully tested windows compatibility. Thanks to Idan Zalzberg.
- Fix manifesto module. Thanks to Zenobius Jiricek.
- Ensure coffee-script compiler don’t try to overwrite file. Thanks to Teo Klestrup Röijezon.
- Ensure asset url are build with posixpath.
- Deal with storage prefix properly.
- Jinja2 support, thanks to Christopher Reeves.
- Add read/save_file method to CompilerBase.
- Fix unicode bug in compressor. Thanks to Victor Shnayder.
- Fix outdated detection bug. Thanks to Victor Shnayder and Erwan Ameil.
- Add slimit compressor. Thanks to Brant Young.
- Fix IO error when creating new compiled file. Thanks to Melvin Laplanche.
- Add a small contribution guide
- Add mimetype settings for sass and scss
- Change compiler interface to let compiler determine if file is outdated
- Use /usr/bin/env by default to find compiler executable. Thanks to Michael Weibel.
- Allow to change embed settings : max size and directory. Thanks to Pierre Drescher.
- Some documentation improvements. Thanks to Florent Messa.
- Don’t compile non-outdated files.
- Add non-packing storage.
- Fix bugs in our glob implementation.
- Many documentation improvements. Thanks to Alexis Svinartchouk.
- Improve python packaging.
- Don’t write silently to STATIC_ROOT when we shouldn’t.
- Accept new .sass extension in SASSCompiler. Thanks to Jonas Geiregat for the report.
- New lines in templates are now escaper rather than deleted. Thanks to Trey Smith for the report and the patch.
- Improve how we find where to write compiled file. Thanks to sirex for the patch.
- Fix import error for cssmin and jsmin compressors. Thanks to Berker Peksag for the report.
- Fix error with default template function. Thanks to David Charbonnier for the patch and report.
- Fix encoding problem.
- Improve storage documentation
- Add mention of the IRC channel #django-pipeline in documentation
- License clarification. Thanks to Dmitry Nezhevenko for the report.
- Various improvements to documentation.
- Slightly improve how we find where to write compiled file.
- Simplify module hierarchy.
- Fixing a bug in FinderStorage when using prefix in staticfiles. Thanks to Christian Hammond for the report and testing.
- Make PIPELINE_ROOT defaults more sane. Thanks to Konstantinos Pachnis for the report.
- Dropped synccompress command in favor of staticfiles collecstatic command.
- Added file versionning via staticfiles CachedStaticFilesStorage.
- Added a default js template language.
- Dropped PIPELINE_AUTO settings in favor of simple PIPELINE.
- Renamed absolute_asset_paths to absolute_paths for brevity.
- Made packages lazy to avoid doing unnecessary I/O.
- Dropped external_urls support for now.
- Add cssmin compressor. Thanks to Steven Cummings.
- Jsmin is no more bundle with pipeline.