Django app for serializing objects into Cocoa Property List XML
django-plist is a Django application that trivializes the serialization of Django model objects into the XML format used by Property List files on the Cocoa platform (iPhone/Mac OS X).
Please refer to
INSTALL.markdown for installation instructions. Notice the
last section on configuring Django and ensure that you have the correct
Usage instructions can be found in
docs/overview.markdown which is also
0.6 - 2010-05-20
- Do not serialize private model fields. Fixes bug introduced with multi database support in Django 1.2.
- PropertyListSerializationFailedError now sends a meaningful message to Exception.__init__ to make stacktraces useful when debugging.
0.5 - 2010-01-19
- Added as_plist keyword argument to render_array shortcut to control serialization of objects without altering Model classes, see updated documentation in docs/overview.markdown.
- Tests: Added test suites for shortcut functions and generic views
- Tests: Added Cocoa integration tests in cocoa_tests/. These require a functional GCC/Cocoa suite to run.
- Bug: Dictionary keys are now properly escaped as #PCDATA
- Bug: render_dictionary() rendered None as a string. None is now rendered as an empty dictionary.
- Bug: datetime.datetime objects should not output fractions of seconds.
- Bug: datetime.date objects should render with T00:00:00, Cocoa fails to read the property list otherwise.
- Bug: datetime.time objects now render as string, Cocoa apps barf on the <date>HH:MM:SS</date> elements.
0.4 - 2009-10-29
- Added missing files to Manifest.in which caused build errors when installing with setup.py
- XML data is now properly escaped in <string>
0.3 - 2009-10-28
- Raises an error when rendering fails, i.e. when the object is not a model, does not have a as_plist() method or is not a basic type.