Utilities and a 'linter' to help you make your Django site more secure.
Helping you remember to do the stupid little things to improve your Django site’s security.
Inspired by Mozilla’s Secure Coding Guidelines, and intended for sites that are entirely or mostly served over SSL (which should include anything with user logins).
Install from PyPI with pip:
pip install django-secure
or get the in-development version:
pip install django-secure==dev
- Add "djangosecure" to your INSTALLED_APPS setting.
- Add "djangosecure.middleware.SecurityMiddleware" to your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES setting (where depends on your other middlewares, but near the beginning of the list is probably a good choice).
- Set the SECURE_SSL_REDIRECT setting to True if all non-SSL requests should be permanently redirected to SSL.
- Set the SECURE_HSTS_SECONDS setting to an integer number of seconds, if you want to use HTTP Strict Transport Security.
- Set the SECURE_FRAME_DENY setting to True, if you want to prevent framing of your pages and protect them from clickjacking.
- Set SESSION_COOKIE_SECURE and SESSION_COOKIE_HTTPONLY to True if you are using django.contrib.sessions. These settings are not part of django-secure, but they should be used if running a secure site, and the checksecure management command will check their values.
- Run python manage.py checksecure to verify that your settings are properly configured for serving a secure SSL site.
If checksecure gives you the all-clear, all it means is that you’re now taking advantage of a tiny selection of simple and easy security wins. That’s great, but it doesn’t mean your site or your codebase is secure: only a competent security audit can tell you that.
See the full documentation for more details.
- Initial release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-secure-0.1.0.tar.gz (20.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|