Select2 option fields for Django
The app includes Select2 driven Django Widgets and Form Fields.
pip install django_select2
Add django_select2 to your INSTALLED_APPS in your project settings.
When deploying on production server, run :-
python manage.py collectstatic
More details can be found on my blog at - [http://blog.applegrew.com/2012/08/django-select2/](http://blog.applegrew.com/2012/08/django-select2/).
- Django - This is obvious.
- jQuery - This is not included in the package since it is expected that in most scenarios this would already be available.
Please see testapp application. This application is used to manually test the functionalities of this package. This also serves as a good example.
You need only Django 1.4 or above to run that. It might run on older versions but that is not tested.
- Samuel Goldszmidt (@ouhouhsami) for reporting many fundamental issues with the code, because of which versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 were released.
- Added docs.
- Some bug fixes. See issue#4.
- widgets.Select2Mixin.__init__ now accepts select2_options kwarg to override its options settings. Previously attrs were being used for this too. This means backward compatibility has been broken here. attrs will no longer override options values. The major release version has been changed to 3, because of this backward incompatible change.
- Auto id registration fixes.
- Mostly major bug fixes in code and design. The changes were many, raising the possibility of backward incompatibility. However, the backward incompatibility would be subtle.
- Auto fields (sub-classes of AutoViewFieldMixin) now accepts auto_id parameter. This can be used to provide custom id for the field. The default is ‘module.field_class_name’. Ideally only the first instance of an auto field is registered. This parameter can be used to force registration of additional instances by passing a unique value.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Django-Select2-3.0.tar.gz (36.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|