A simple Django app to create server config
Django Server Config Generator
Django server config generator is a simple django extension which generates apache config by running a management command, It automatically detects document root, static root/url, media root/url, and also the path to the current running virtual environment.
$ pip install django-server-config-generator
- Add server_config_generator to the installed app in the settings file,
INSTALLED_APPS = ( # other apps "server_config_generator", )
- Run python manage.py generate_apache_config,
$ python manage.py generate_apache_config
- User will be prompted to enter the type of virtual hosting,
Please enter name based or IP based hosting (name/ip):?
- Enter a valid option and press 'Enter' key
- Then the user will be prompted to enter the server name or the ip address based on the previous input,
Enter the server name:
Enter your IP:
- Enter a valid server name or ip address
- Then the user will be prompted to enter port number, default value for which will be 80,
Enter the port (default:80):
- Enter the required port number and press the 'Enter' key. In the case of the default value just press 'Enter' key
- If STATIC_URL/STATIC_ROOT or MEDIA_URL/MEDIA_ROOT is not configured, then the user will be notified with a warning message and the system will wait for the user confirmation,
Warning: Static root/url not configured Warning: Media root/url not configured 1. Press q to quit 2. Press any key to continue
- Press 'Enter' key to continue, else press "q" and press 'Enter' key
- Then the user will be prompted for https configuration,
Do you want https ? 1. Press 'n' for no 2. Press any key to continue
- To configure https, user can press on any key else press 'n' and enter key on keyboard
- Then the user will prompted of an automatic redirect from http to https
Do you automatic http to https redirect? 1. Press 'n' for no 2. Press any key to continue
- To configure autoredirect, user can press on any key else press 'n' and enter key on keyboard
- User will be prompted to enter the path for certificate file
Enter certificate path:
- After specifying the path to the certificate file, user will be prompted to enter the path to the key file
Enter certificate key path:
- After specifying the path to the key file, user will be prompted to enter the path to the chain file
Enter chain file path or press enter if no chain file
- After entering the path to the chain file, user will be prompted to specify the https port
Enter the port (default:443):
- If a different port is in use than the default port, enter the port and press enter key
- Verify the Apache config file generated in root folder with name as <your_projectname.conf>
- Copy the the conf file to the Apache site-available folder
- Run configtest command
- Enable the site
- Reload Apache
- If you find a bug, open an issue.
- If you have a feature request, open an issue.
- If you want to contribute, submit a pull request.
Afsal Salim, email@example.com
Django Server Config Generator is available under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more info.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for django-server-config-generator-1.0.0.tar.gz
Hashes for django_server_config_generator-1.0.0-py3-none-any.whl