Django-sparkle is a Django application to make it easy to publish updates for your mac application using [sparkle](http://sparkle.andymatuschak.org/)
In addition to publishing updates via the appcast feed, Django-sparkle can also collect system profile information if sparkle is configured to report it.
* Markdown (For release notes)
1. `easy_install django-sparkle` or `pip install django-sparkle`
2. Add `sparkle` to your installed apps
3. Add `django.contrib.markup` to your installed apps if not already included
3. In `settings.py` add `SPARKLE_PRIVATE_KEY_PATH` which is the path to your private DSA key for signing your releases.
4. In `urls.py` include the sparkle URLs by adding something like `(r'^sparkle/', include('sparkle.urls'))`.
5. Ensure your domain name is properly configured in the sites framework.
6. `python manage.py syncdb` to create the tables needed for sparkle.
Create an application and optionally add some versions.
The application's appcast feed will be available at `/whatever_you/configured_in/your_urls_py/(?P<application_id>\d+)/appcast.xml`.
Set the `SUFeedURL` key in your Info.plist to point to the sparkle application's appcast URL. `http://example.com/sparkle/1/appcast.xml` for example.
If you want to enable system profiling, be sure to set the `SUEnableSystemProfiling` key in your Info.plist to `YES`.
The path to your DSA private key for signing releases. Defaults to `None`. If not provided, releases will not be automatically signed when uploaded.
# To Do
* Tests of course!