Autodoc all apps from a project to Sphinx
Django is awesome in that way you can reuse a lot of applications in your projects. It means for big projects that you’ll get a long list of applications in your settings.INSTALLED_APP.
If you’re using Django with Sphinx and want to autodoc all these apps in a wink of an eye, then this app is for you.
How it works
It will scrap all your .py files in each application listed by INSTALLED_APP, then add automodules in your PROJECT/SPHINX_ROOT/modules.rst.
- If modules or automodules already exist, then do not add a new line to index
- create settings.py to store some variables
- SPHINX_INDEX : default to ‘index.rst’, but you might have changed it
- MODULES_NAME : name for the modules.rst file if you already use this name
- EXCLUDED_MODULES : default to [‘__init__.py’], a module being any python file
- Include external apps (currently only internal apps, located in the project root directory)
- Write tests
Django command extension to update the autodoc