Autodoc all apps from a project to Sphinx
Django is awesome in that way you can reuse a lot of applications in your projects. It means for big projects that you’ll get a long list of applications in your settings.INSTALLED_APP.
If you’re using Django with Sphinx and want to autodoc all these apps in a wink of an eye, then this app is for you.
How it works
It will scrape all your .py files in each application listed by INSTALLED_APP, then add automodules in your DS_ROOT/modules.rst.
You can modify some of the settings used by django-sphinx-autodoc:
- DS_ROOT: root path for documentation (default to project_dir/doc)
- DS_MASTER_DOC: name of your master document (default to “index.rst”)
- DS_FILENAME: name for the modules (default to “auto_modules.rst”)
- DS_EXCLUDED_APPS: list of applications to exclude (default to )
- DS_EXCLUDED_MODULES: list of files to exclude (default to [“__init__.py”])
- Include external apps (currently only internal apps, located in the project root directory)
- Write tests
- improve the not_relevant stuff to auto exclude a file without class or def
Django command extension to update the autodoc