There are times when your site is too big to serve the sitemap.xml by your Django application. This little app is meant to help you with such cases. Instead of serving the sitemap.xml from Django, it features a management command that generates the sitemap.xml to the separate files.
- Generate sitemap files to your STATIC/MEDIA/(own choice) directory
- Split sitemap files when limit for size is reached
- Gzip the sitemap files when required
- Set different domain for sitemap file
- Ping google that sitemap has changed
Install via standard Python way:
pip install django-static-sitemaps
Add to you INSTALLED_APPS:
INSTALLED_APPS = ( ... 'static_sitemaps', ... )
Set STATICSITEMAPS_ROOT_SITEMAP variable in your settings.py to point to dictionary holding the sitemaps configuration (as seen in Django docs):
STATICSITEMAPS_ROOT_SITEMAP = 'myproject.sitemaps.sitemaps'
Include static_sitemaps.urls to your urls.py to serve the root sitemap.xml if you want to serve index file through Django (might be usefull sometimes when it’s hard for you to serve it by webserver itself):
urlpatterns = patterns('', url(r'^sitemap.xml', include('static_sitemaps.urls')), )
Setup your cron to run:
periodically. Usually, it’s enough to set it to run once by 30 minutes or so.
- Filesystem path to generate the sitemaps files to. Defaults to STATIC_ROOT directory.
- Defaults to True. If True, gzip compression will be used when generating the sitemaps files (which is very possible by sitemaps specification).
- Template for sitemap parts. Defaults to sitemap-%(section)s-%(page)s.xml.
- Set this to the domain from which you serve static files in case it it different from domain of your Django application. Defaults to current site’s domain.
- Language code to use when generating the sitemaps. Defaults to LANGUAGE_CODE setting.
- Boolean determining whether to ping google after sitemaps have been updated. Defaults to True.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-static-sitemaps-1.1.1.tar.gz (5.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for django-static-sitemaps-1.1.1.tar.gz