Simple contact/support form for Django apps.
pip install django-support-form
Add `supportform` to `INSTALLED_APPS` along with the following Django contrib apps:
INSTALLED_APPS = (
Include the `supportform.urls` in the the `ROOT_URLCONF`:
from django.conf.urls import url, patterns, include
urlpatterns = patterns('',
- `SUPPORT_EMAIL` - The recipient email address the support email will be sent to, e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. Default is `DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL` Django setting.
- `SUPPORT_EMAIL_SUBJECT` - Default email subject prepopulated in the support form. Default is 'Support Message'.
- `SUPPORT_WAIT_SEND` - Wait until the email successfully sends. If set to false, the email will be sent in the background (via a thread). Default `True`
The templates that come with the django-supportform are functional, but _very_ minimal:
- `supportform/form.html` - Renders the support form omitting the email field is the user is logged in. On submission if the email fails to send, a fallback message will be display to send an email directly to `SUPPORT_EMAIL`.
- Context received:
- `form` - `SupportForm` instance
- `supportform/success.html` - Renders a static success/thank you page. This is the page redirected to after successfully sending a message.
- Context received: (none)
An email template is also provided and can be customized as well:
- Context recieved:
- `message` - Left by the user
- `request` - Request object
- `user` - If the message was left by an authenticated user
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.