django-thumbnail-works adds thumbnail support to the default ImageField.
django-thumbnail-works provides an enhanced ImageField that generates and manages thumbnails of the source image.
This application aims to be a simple but feature rich thumbnailing application for Django based projects.
Licensed under the Apache License version 2.0. More licensing information exists in the license section.
Warning: This software is not production-ready!
- Provides the EnhancedImageField model field, which is based on the default Django ImageField, and has the ability to generate and manage thumbnails of the source image.
- Supports named thumbnails which can be accessed as attributes of the source image.
- Uses the Django storages API to manage thumbnails.
- Allows processing the source image in the same manner that thumbnails are processed.
- Individual processing options for each thumbnail.
- Supports automatic image resizing and cropping to the user specified size. Scaling up smaller images is also possible.
- Sharpen and detail filters.
- You can specify the output format of each image, including the format of the source image.
- Supports delayed thumbnail generation, which means that thumbnails are generated the first time they are accessed.
Thumbnail generation using template tags is not supported and there are no plans to support it in the near future. The logic of this application is to define named thumbnails and access them as attributes of the source image. This way you only need to create your own template tags that display the thumbnails in any way you see fit.
This software is released as free-software and provided to you at no cost. However, a significant amount of time and effort has gone into developing this software and writing this documentation. So, the production of this software has not been free from cost. It is highly recommended that, if you use this software in production, you should consider making a donation.
Thank you for considering making a donation to django-thumbnail-works.
Bugs and feature requests
In case you run into any problems while using this application or think that a new feature should be implemented, it is highly recommended you submit a new report about it at the project’s issue tracker.
Using the issue tracker is the recommended way to notify the authors about bugs or make feature requests. Also, before submitting a new report, please make sure you have read the new issue guidelines.
CodeTRAX does not provide support for django-thumbnail-works.
You can still get community support at the Community Support Forums:
Copyright 2010 George Notaras <gnot [at] g-loaded.eu>
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
A copy of the License exists in the product distribution; the LICENSE file. For copyright and other important notes regarding this release please read the NOTICE file.