Django Views ACL plugin
Views ACL plugin is a Django app that provides:
- Automatic permissions generation for django views, based on urlpatterns defined in urls.py
- Control Access to Django Views
Views ACL is flexible plugin, it allows to define list of views,
for which permissions will be generated, or define excluded list.
Permission can be assigned for user by admin page.
By default if permission for view is generated, the user doesn't have access
until the admin won't give permission for the user.
1. Add "view_acl" to your INSTALLED_APPS setting::
INSTALLED_APPS = (
2. Include 'view_acl.middleware.CustomViewProcessMiddleware' to MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES.
3. Add ACL_ALLOWED_VIEWS variable to settings.py.
Views ACL plugin generate permission for all views defined in ACL_ALLOWED_VIEWS.
Only those views should be checked for access::
In this case, permissions will be generated for all views from polls app.
4. You can also define ACL_EXCLUDED_VIEWS in settings.py::
ACL_EXCLUDED_VIEWS = ('django.*',)
5. If you want to change default name and codename prefix for permission,
define ACL_CODE_PREFIX and ACL_NAME_PREFIX variables in settings.py::
ACL_NAME_PREFIX = 'Myite ACL '
ACL_CODE_PREFIX = 'mysite_acl_view'
6. Call method for automatic permissions generation based on urlpatterns in urls.py::
7. Assign view permissions to user by admin page.
Default permission name:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.