Websocket support for Django using Redis as datastore
Project home: https://github.com/jrief/django-websocket-redis
Detailed documentation on: ReadTheDocs.
Websockets for Django using Redis as message queue
This module implements websockets on top of Django without requiring any additional framework. For messaging it uses the Redis datastore and in a production environment, it is intended to work under uWSGI and behind NGiNX.
- Largely scalable for Django applications with hundreds of open websocket connections.
- Runs in a cooperative concurrency model using gevent, thus only one thread/process is simultaneously required to control all open websockets.
- Full control over the main loop during development, so Django can be started as usual with ./manage.py runserver.
- No dependency to any other asynchronous event driven framework, such as Tornado, Twisted or Node.js.
- Optionally persiting messages, allowing server reboots and client reconnections.
- The only additional requirement is a running instance of Redis, which by the way is a good replacement for memcached.
Please use the issue tracker to ask questions.
- Moved mokey patching for Redis socket into the runner. This sometimes caused errors when running in development mode.
- Added timeout to select call. This caused IOerrors when running under uWSGI and the websocket was idle.
- 0.2.1 - Reverted issue #1 and dropped compatibility with Django-1.4 since the response status must use force_str.
- 0.2.0 - Major API change
- Use WS4REDIS_… in Django settings
- Persist messages, allowing server reboots and reconnecting the client
- Share the file descriptor for Redis for all open connections
- Allow to override the subscribe/publish engine
- 0.1.2 - fixed: Can use publish to websocket without subscribing
- 0.1.1 - instead of CLI monkey patching, explicitly patch the redis.connection.socket using gevent.socket
- 0.1.0 - initial revision
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-websocket-redis-0.2.2.tar.gz (12.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for django-websocket-redis-0.2.2.tar.gz