Widgy widgy widgy
Widgy: Tree Editor for Django
Widgy is a content editor somewhat in the line of CKEditor. It is not a WYSIWYG editor though. Widgy is more suited than CKEditor for editing pages, as in a CMS because it allows you to edit specific parts of the page and those parts know how to render themselves. Whereas a WYSIWYG stores its data in HTML, Widgy stores it in a Tree where each node can render itself.
Widgy is available under the 2-clause BSD license. Contribute on github.
Read Widgy’s documentation at http://django-widgy.readthedocs.org.
Widgy does not yet have a stable release, so it should be installed from source.
pip install -e git://github.com/fusionbox/django-widgy#egg=widgy
When developing Widgy, it might be handy to clone the repository then install it.
git clone git://github.com/fusionbox/django-widgy cd django-widgy pip install -e .
Read about Widgy’s data model at http://django-widgy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/design/data-model.html.
Running the Tests
Once coverage is installed (pip install coverage), the Makefile has two commands to help report on code coverage.
will run the tests with coverage enabled and generate HTML coverage files.
will run the tests and open the coverage report in your web browser.
0.1.6 (Not released yet)
- Fix migrations containing unsupported KeywordsField from mezzanine [Scott Clark]
- Fix Widgy migrations without Mezzanine [Gavin Wahl]
- Drop target collision detection [Gavin Wahl]
- Fix Figure and StrDisplayNameMixin [Gavin Wahl]
- Avoid loading review_queue when it’s not installed [Scott Clark]
- Fix multi-table inheritance with LinkFields [Gavin Wahl]
- Add StrDisplayNameMixin
- Fix image widget validation with the S3 storage backend
- Fix Widgy admin for static files hosted on a different domain
- Adjust MANIFEST.in to fix PyPi install.
- Fix layout having a unicode verbose_name
- Heterogeneous tree editor (widgy)
- CMS (widgy.contrib.widgy_mezzanine)
- CMS Plugins (widgy.contrib.urlconf_include)
- Widgets (widgy.contrib.page_builder)
- Form builder (widgy.contrib.form_builder)
- Multilingual pages (widgy.contrib.widgy_i18n)
- Review queue (widgy.contrib.review_queue)