A wizard that helps to control page flow.
Django wizard uses Step classes to control page flow.
To create a wizard, you need a url route defined that is going to point to a view and take a step parameter, like this:
url(r'^(?P<step>[a-zA-Z]+)?$', views.my_view, name='new_wizard'),
That view then must instantiate the wizard passing it the url name, and a list of steps. Then the wizard’s handle_request method should be called and returned with the request and the current step name (From the url):
def my_view(request, step): Wizard('new_wizard', [ ('StepOne', mysteps.StepOne), ('StepTwo', mysteps.StepTwo), ]) return wizard.handle_request(request, step)
The wizard also has a defaulted navigation_opts argument that can be passed in the __init__ navigation options are a dictionary with a key of a string that will map to a field in the Request, and the value is an int. These tell the wizard what direction to go and how far in which scenarios.
The defaults are:
- wizard_save: 0
- wizard_continue: 1
- wizard_previous: -1
- wizard_next: 1
The view can also set a few additional things on the wizard:
- set_redirect_args(*args, **kwargs)
- use this to tell the wizard what it needs to privode to django’s reverse function when doing redirects
- set_step_init_args(*args, **kwargs)
- use this to supply additional arguments to your step class __init__’s
- use this to add stuff that will always be available in all of your wizard created templates
The wizard will trigger the following signals:
A Step class is just an object that must define the following methods
- only takes self as an argument and returns the object that should be passed to django’s template engine
- only takes self as an argument and returns nothing
- only takes self as an argument and must return the template object to be used by the wizard to render the response
- IE: return loader.get_template(‘some_template_file.html’)
- only takes self as an argument and can raise a wizard.PrereqMissing when an error occurs in the page flow
- the __init__ accepts an optional step key, a request and a message
- if the step key is provided, the wizard will redirect to that step
- if a request and message are provided it will add the message to django’s messaging framework
- SaveStepException is an exception that can be raised in the save method that the wizard know that the step could not be saved and needs to be repeated
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size django-wizard-0.3.0.tar.gz (10.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|