A djangoCMS 3 blog application
django CMS blog application - Support for multilingual posts, placeholders, social network meta tags and configurable apphooks.
Supported Django versions:
- Django 1.8
- Django 1.9
- Django 1.10
- Django 1.11
Supported django CMS versions:
- django CMS 3.2+
Strict dependency on aldryn-search, haystack has been dropped. Install them separately to enable full text search support. See installation docs for details.
Version 0.8 will be the last one supporting Python 2.6, Python 3.3, Django<1.8 and django CMS<3.2.
Starting from version 0.8, date_published is not set anymore when creating a post but rather when publishing. This does not change the overall behavior, but be warned if you expect it to be not null in custom code.
Upgrading cmsplugin-filer from 1.0 to 1.1
Due to changes in cmsplugin-filer/filer which moved ThumbnailOption model from the former to the latter, djangocms-blog must be migrated as well.
Migrating cmsplugin-filer to 1.1 and djangocms-blog up to 0.8.4
If you have djangocms-blog up to 0.8.4 (included) installed or you are upgrading from a previous djangocms-blog version together with cmsplugin-filer upgrade, you can just apply the migrations:
pip install cmsplugin-filer==1.1.3 django-filer==1.2.7 djangocms-blog==0.8.4 python manage.py migrate
Migrating cmsplugin-filer to 1.1 and djangocms-blog 0.8.5+
If you already a djangocms-blog 0.8.5+ up to 0.8.11, upgrade to 0.8.11, then you have to de-apply some blog migrations when doing the upgrade:
pip install djangocms-blog==0.8.11 python manage.py migrate djangocms_blog 0017 ## reverse for these migration is a noop pip install cmsplugin-filer==1.1.3 django-filer==1.2.7 python manage.py migrate
After this step you can upgrade to 0.8.12:
pip install djangocms-blog==0.8.12
de-apply migration before upgrading cmsplugin-filer. If running before upgrade, the backward migration won’t alter anything on the database, and it will just allow the code to migrate ThumbnailOption from cmsplugin-filer to filer
If you upgrade in a Django 1.10 environment, be sure to upgrade both packages at the same time to allow correct migration dependencies to be evaluated.
Installing djangocms-blog in an existing project with Django 1.10
If your project has cmsplugin-filer 1.1+ already installed and it uses Django 1.10, install djangocms-blog 0.8.12 (and above):
pip install djangocms-blog==0.8.12
- Placeholder content editing
- Frontend editing using django CMS 3.x frontend editor
- Multilingual support using django-parler
- Twitter cards, Open Graph and Google+ snippets meta tags
- Optional simpler TextField-based content editing
- Multisite (posts can be visible in one or more Django sites on the same project)
- Per-Apphook configuration
- Configurable permalinks
- Configurable django CMS menu
- Per-Apphook templates set
- Auto Apphook setup
- Django sitemap framework
- django CMS 3.2+ Wizard
- Haystack index
- Desktop notifications
Known djangocms-blog websites
See DjangoPackages for an updated list https://www.djangopackages.com/packages/p/djangocms-blog/
- Added Django 1.11 support
- Added support for django CMS 3.4, 3.5
- Dropped support for Django<1.8, django CMS<3.2.
- Added liveblog application.
- Refactored plugin filters: by default only data for current site are now shown.
- Added global and per site posts count to BlogCategory.
- Added option to hide empty categories from menu.
- Added standalone documentation at https://djangocms-blog.readthedocs.io.
- Enabled cached version of BlogLatestEntriesPlugin.
- Added plugins templateset.
- Improved category admin to avoid circular relationships.
- Dropped strict dependency on aldryn-search, haystack. Install separately for search support.
- Improved admin filtering.
- Added featured date to post.
- Fixed issue with urls in sitemap if apphook is not published
- Moved template to easy_thumbnails_tags template tag. Require easy_thumbnails >= 2.4.1
- Made HTML description and title fields length configurable
- Added meta representation for CategoryEntriesView
- Generated valid slug in wizard if the given one is taken
- Fixed error in category filtering when loading the for via POST
- Returned 404 in AuthorEntriesView if author does not exists
- Returned 404 in CategoryEntriesView if category does not exists
- Generate valid slug in wizard if the given one is taken
- Limit categories / related in forms only to current lan
- Dropped python 2.6 compatibility
- Fixed exceptions in __str__
- Fixed issue with duplicated categories in menu
- Fixed migrations on Django 1.10
- Fixed support for aldryn-apphooks-config 0.3.1
- Fix error in get_absolute_url
- Optimized querysets
- Fixed slug generation in wizard
- Fixed issue with one migration
- Improved support for django CMS 3.4
- Added support for django CMS 3.4
- Fixed issue with multisite support
- Set the correct language during indexing
- Fixed issues with ThumbnailOption migration under mysql.
- Fixed issues with cmsplugin-filer 1.1.
- Stricter filer dependency versioning.
- Aldryn-only release. No code changes
- Aldryn-only release. No code changes
- Added django-knocker integration
- Changed the default value of date_published to null
- Cleared menu cache when changing menu layout in apphook config
- Fixed error with wizard multiple registration
- Made django CMS 3.2 the default version
- Fixed error with on_site filter
- Removed meta-mixin compatibility code
- Changed slug size to 255 chars
- Fixed pagination setting in list views
- Added API to set default sites if user has permission only for a subset of sites
- Added Aldryn integration
- Make categories non required
- Fix tests with parler>=1.6
- Use all_languages_column to admin
- Add publish button
- Fix issues in migrations. Thanks @skirsdeda
- Fix selecting current menu item according to menu layout
- Fix some issues with haystack indexes
- Add support for moved ThumbnailOption
- Fix Django 1.9 issues
- Fix copy relations method in plugins
- Mitigate issue when apphook config can’t be retrieved
- Mitigate issue when wizard double registration is triggered
- Add BLOG_ADMIN_POST_FIELDSET_FILTER to filter admin fieldsets
- Ensure correct creation of full URL for canonical urls
- Move constants to settings
- Fix error when no config is found
- Add app_config field to BlogLatestEntriesPlugin
- Fix __str__ plugins method
- Fix bug when selecting plugins template
- Improve toolbar: add all languages for each post
- Improve toolbar: add per-apphook configurable changefreq, priority
- Add support for django CMS 3.2 Wizard
- Add support for Apphook Config
- Add Haystack support
- Improved support for meta tags
- Improved admin
- LatestPostsPlugin tags field has been changed to a plain TaggableManager field. A migration is in place to move the data, but backup your data first.
- Add support for Django 1.8
- Drop dependency on Django select2
- Code cleanups
- Enforce flake8 / isort checks
- Add categories menu
- Add option to disable the abstract
- Fix Django 1.7 issues
- Fix dependencies on python 3 when using wheel packages
- Drop Django 1.5 support
- Fix various templates issues
- UX fixes in the admin
- Fix page_name in template
- Set cascade to set null for post image and thumbnail options
- Multisite support
- Configurable default author support
- Refactored settings
- Fix multilanguage issues
- Fix SEO fields length
- Post absolute url is generated from the title in any language if current is not available
- If djangocms-page-meta and djangocms-page-tags are installed, the relevant toolbar items are removed from the toolbar in the post detail view to avoid confusings page meta / tags with post ones
- Plugin API changed to filter out posts according to the request.
- Django 1.7 support
- Python 3.3 and 3.4 support
- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: view names changed!
- Based on django parler 1.0
- Toolbar items contextual to the current page
- Add support for canonical URLs
- Add transifex support
- Add social tags via django-meta-mixin
- Per-post or site-wide comments enabling
- Simpler TextField-based content editing for simpler blogs
- Add support for custom user models
- First experimental release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(182.2 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Wheel||py2.py3||Feb 22, 2018|
(99.4 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||Feb 22, 2018|