simple django app for sharing files over http / https.
django smart share
a simple django app for sharing files over http / https.
on test, not bug free. i just started this project for fun, so will be glad if you use and report issues on this project.
- python >= 3.5
- django >= 2
pip install djangosmartshare
INSTALLED_APPS = [ ..., 'smartshare', ..., ]
smartshare.urls in your project
from django.urls import path, include urlpatterns = [ ..., path('', include('smartshare.urls')), ..., ]
migrate for making related database tables:
python3 manage.py migrate
you can simply share any directory on your local system over http / https, in short : just like a file browser.
Location model, by adding a new location, system will check if the path exist, so you can have following permissions separated for 3 different user types per each Location object. Admins , Users ( mean normal users ) and Anonymouse Visitors ( public ) :
- if you share a directory, inside another shared directory, neither Base Directory nor Sub Directory will not change each other permissions. the deepest available Sub Directory Location object permissions will be used for each directory.
- the root path
/is not available.
- only directories path are allowed to be shared, not files.
- commands will run as logged-in user on local system, so even if a permission like Can Delete be True, on a directory that need superuser sudo permission, the command will not effect, for security reasons.
|Active||wheather to show this directory for the allowed user or not.|
|Show Files||user can view Files in directory. ( only view, nothing more )|
|Show Directories||user can view Directories in directory.|
|Show Hidden Files||same as Files, fore Hidden Files.|
|Show Hidden Directories||same as Directories, for Hidden Directories|
|Can Download||if this permission be
|Can Upload||if this permission be
|Can Delete||if this permission be
|Can Create||if this permission be
this app have a simple responsive front-end design, created using Bootstrap 4 framework. by default, needed static files are in
static/js directories outside of app directory for avoiding duplication. if you are planning to uses this app make sure to include these files or replacing
share/templates/base.html styles and scripts with Bootstrap 4 SDN.
this users are added for testing :
this Features are planned to be added in next version :
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding Run Command ability.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding Copy and Move.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding multi upload.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding multi selecting files and directories ability for Download or Delete.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding Preview and Edit abilities.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> adding permissions for duplicated files and directories while adding or uploading.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> changing dirs.html template for adding Upload, Delete, Add forms.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> rewriting views definitions.
- <input type="checkbox" disabled="" /> rewriting responsive template for a better UX / UI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size djangosmartshare-0.8.8-py3-none-any.whl (656.8 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size djangosmartshare-0.8.8.tar.gz (642.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for djangosmartshare-0.8.8-py3-none-any.whl