(Until v1.0 is released, backwards compatibility will be broken at will.)
As yet another Python wrapper library for version 2 of the DigitalOcean API, doapi offers:
- Individual methods for every operation listed in the API docs plus methods
for making arbitrary “freeform” requests or actions
- Methods for waiting for multiple droplets to come up or multiple actions to
complete in parallel (and if you get tired of waiting, you can hit Cntrl-C to
make the methods return immediately)
- Connection pooling via requests’ Session
- Paginated results are returned as generators that make requests when
necessary, so your account’s entire action history isn’t fetched all at once
- A command-line interface to all of the above that outputs JSON objects in the
same format as used by the API (perfect for massaging with jq!)
- When creating droplets from the command line, new SSH public keys can be
specified without having to register them explicitly beforehand.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.