Dolmen menus composer
dolmen.menu aims to provide the most flexible and explicit way to create and manage menus and their entries with Grok.
You have to know that…
- dolmen.menu only works on Python 2.6.
- dolmen.menu does not support sub-menus, out of the box. The implementation is left to your discretion.
dolmen.menu provides two components:
- Menu : the menu implementation is based on the zope “content provider” notion and is using the grokcore.viewlet package.
- Entry: a menu item is called an entry. It’s a multi adapter that is registered for a Menu component.
A menu component:
>>> from dolmen import menu >>> class MyMenu(menu.Menu): ... menu.title('My nice menu')
A menu entry:
>>> class MyMenuEntry(menu.Entry): ... menu.order(1) ... menu.name('a_direct_entry') ... menu.title('My Entry') ... menu.menu(MyMenu)
In order to use base Grok component as menu entries, we get two registration ways.
A class decorator allows you to decorate any class, in order to register it as a menu entry:
>>> import grokcore.view >>> @menu.menuentry(MyMenu) ... class TestEntry(grokcore.view.View): ... def render(self): ... return u"A simple entry"
Module level martian directive
A martian directive allows you register classes you can’t decorate (from a foreign package, for instance), explicitly:
>>> class SomeView(grokcore.view.View): ... def render(self): ... return u"I'm a view and I want to be a menu entry" >>> menu.global_menuentry(SomeView, MyMenu, order=2)
- dolmen.menu now works on the latest martian. The treatment of the decorator has been deferred by the use of a module annotation. The registration is now done by a global grokker.
- It is now possible to define a menu context, that is different of the rendering context. This allow delegated rendering, such as Root menus or other object-specific menus.
- Corrected a bug where ‘zope.Public’ was evaluated as a “normal” permission. Now, the manager converts the permission into a CheckerPublic marker.
- the filter method is now a generator.
- Changed the way to fetch the menu CSS id.
- Initial release.