Pythonic library for QuickCheck-style randomized testing and SmallCheck-style exhaustive testing of the same test suite.
A library for property-based testing in two different ways:
- “QuickCheck” - randomly generated inputs
- “SmallCheck” - exhaustively enumerated inputs
These testing approaches are named for the pioneering Haskell libraries. The two approaches truly shine when used together - once a property is found to be refutable by some probably-huge-and-crazy random input, it is often worth investing the CPU time to find the _smallest_ counterexample.
This library is a brand new work-in-progress (see commit log for dates) with known issues:
- Does not have randomly generated strings just yet.
- No existential quantification yet, but smallcheck does allow it!
- Needs more thorough testing.
- Needs to be able to test that a property always throws an exception.
- Needs lots more combinators.
- Needs one-liner interface rather than checking status of test cases.
Installation & Usage
(TODO: Describe in more detail. For now, read doublecheck/gen.py and doublecheck/prop.py)
$ pip install doublecheck $ python >>> from doublecheck import * >>> ForAll(lambda i: i > 0, PosInts()).quickcheck(100000).status ‘Certain’
Copyright & License
Copyright 2012- Kenneth Knowles
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, Size & Hash SHA256 Hash Help||File Type||Python Version||Upload Date|
(5.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Hash SHA256
|Source||None||May 8, 2012|