This is a Django data dump script generator.
It produces command line scripts usable within a Makefile or as a simple bash scripts to dump or load data with Django from the many app names you give it.
It need a dependancies map to know what is required to be dumped.
Currently it only have two maps one for “djangocms-2” and one for “djangocms-3” projects, and so it only knows about:
- Django contrib auth;
- Django sites;
- DjangoCMS and its common plugins;
Note : Many app depends on Django’s content types but we don’t matter because it is automatically filled by Django and we should never try to dump/load it.
- Dumps order does matter to respect module’s dependancies;
- model or dependancy names can be string or either a list of names, take care that string is splitted on white spaces, if you use excude flag like ‘-e’ with your model names, allways use a list;
- Circular dependancies is possible;
Sample map :
- Is the dump entry name, can be anything but commonly this is the app package name, this is what is used in embedded map files.
- A boolean to define if the dump can use natural key, if not defined, a dump entry is assumed to support natural key.
- Is either a string of the model name or a list model names. Django accept either an app name from which it will take all its models, or a specific app model.
- Either a string of another dump names to depends of. They will be taken also even if they haven’t been explicitely requested from user.
- fix typo bug on exclude_apps build
- fix API bug with exclude_apps option
- Add optional ‘dump_other_apps’ and ‘exclude_apps’;
- Pep8 fixes;
- Add changelog file;
- Minor fix in base template;
- Fix dumpdata template line;
- Fix emencia.django.countries dependancy model in maps;
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.