When you’re writing something short, a Google Doc or Word file works great. But get beyond a few thousand words and you end up in scroll-hell (i.e., when just navigating the doc is a chore).
Draft turns that half-finished novel into a clean, plaintext file tree perfect for git.
- parse any Markdown file into a file tree of Sections, Chapters, Sub-chapters, and Scenes
- sequence your files and directories to maintain a sequential index
- outline your project to help plan and fill in gaps
- compile your Scenes, Sub-Chapters, Chapters, and Sections into a single document once you’re ready to publish
- Other features include stats (word count, etc.), trim (remove duplicate spaces), and split (put each sentence on its own line)