Postgres Broker for Dramatiq Task Queue
dramatiq-pg − Postgres Broker for Dramatiq
Dramatiq is a simple task queue implementation for Python3. dramatiq-pg provides a Postgres-based implementation of a dramatiq broker.
- Super simple deployment.
- Uses plain psycopg2. No ORM.
- Stores message payload and results as native JSONb.
- Stores all messages in a single table, in a dedicated schema.
- Uses LISTEN/NOTIFY to keep worker sync. No polling.
- Requeue of failed tasks.
- Delayed task.
- Reliable thanks to Postgres MVCC.
- Self-healing. Old messages are purge from time to time.
- Utility CLI for maintainance : flush, purge, stats, etc.
Note that dramatiq assumes tasks are idempotent. This broker makes the same assumptions for recovering after a crash.
- Install dramatiq-pg package from PyPI:
$ pip install dramatiq-pg
- Apply dramatiq_pg/schema.sql file in your database:
$ psql -f dramatiq_pg/schema.sql
- Before importing actors, define global broker with a connection
import dramatiq import psycopg2.pool from dramatiq_pg import PostgresBroker dramatiq.set_broker(PostgresBroker(i)) @dramatiq.actor def myactor(): ...
The CLI tool
dramatiq-pg allows you to requeue messages, purge old messages
and show stats on the queue. See
--help for details.
Dramatiq-pg documentation is hosted on GitLab and give you more details on deployment and operation of Postgres as a Dramatiq broker.
If you encounter a bug or miss a feature, please open an issue on GitLab with as much information as possible.
dramatiq_pg is available under the PostgreSQL licence.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size dramatiq_pg-0.5.1-py3-none-any.whl (22.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size dramatiq-pg-0.5.1.tar.gz (9.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for dramatiq_pg-0.5.1-py3-none-any.whl