Alpha Web framework & sample mini CMS.
Use “easy_install” or “pip” to get ‘jinja2’, ‘markdown’, ‘ZODB3’
and ‘whoosh’ installed on your system. Additionally you can install
paste or gevent for better performances.
Example (at the DOS/Console/Shell prompt):
easy_install -U markdown
pip install -U markdown
Just fetch the source archive and unpack it:
tar jxvf drink-0.0.10.tar.bz2
Just go into the unpacked drink directory and execute the “manage”
If you run into troubles, try:
The main ideas behind
for very fast prototype implementation.
Then you’r free to put your hands into html/css/js and customize to
your precise requirements.
Some debugging middleware are supported, edit drink/settings.ini
- Add features at ONE place in ONE language (html/css/js may be
required for some advanced/custom usages)
- Be fast, with built-in search engine
- Ajax (ajaj in fact) - with nice fallbacks for old browsers
- No SQL
- Website: as simple as a nested dict-like objects tree, endpoints
(last element of URL) are object’s properties & methods
- Make it as productive as possible for most generic tasks
Out of the box, it is something between a wiki and a cms, probably
a good base for a lightweight web CMS / Intranet / Forum / etc!