A server for the Deliverance/XSLT compiler
dv.xdvserver is a simple piece of WSGI middleware that can execute the two step compile-and-run XSLT transforms of xdv.
It takes two required parameters:
- rules: a path to a file containing Deliverance rules
- theme: a URI or path to a theme HTML file
In addition, it can take several optional parameters:
- absolute_prefix: if given, relative urls in the theme file will be made
- into absolute links with this prefix.
- notheme: a set of regular expression patterns (or just simple names) that
- will be matched against the incoming path to allow the theme to be switched off for some paths. Multiple patterns should be separated by newlines.
- live: set to True to recompile the theme on each request, rather than on
- startup only.
- compiler: a path to the XSLT file that can turn theme+rules into a compiled
- theme. The default, bundled version will probably suffice in most cases.
- boilerplate: a path to the XSLT file that contains boilerplate XSLT
- instructions. The default, bundled version will probably suffice in most cases.
You can use this middleware in a Paste Deploy pipeline. Here is an example configuration file of an application that themes a Plone site running on http://localhost:8080/demo. Static resources are served from /static:
[server:main] use = egg:Paste#http host = 127.0.0.1 port = 5000 [composite:main] use = egg:Paste#urlmap /static = static / = default [app:static] use = egg:Paste#static document_root = %(here)s/static [pipeline:default] pipeline = egg:Paste#cgitb egg:Paste#httpexceptions theme.default zope.proxy [filter:theme.default] use = egg:dv.xdvserver#xdv theme = %(here)s/static/index.html rules = %(here)s/static/rules/default.xml notheme = /emptypage [app:zope.proxy] use = egg:Paste#proxy address = http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:5000/demo/VirtualHostRoot/